Fried Chicken Recipes
Buttermilk was traditionally made by churning butter. It was the milky byproduct left over from doing that. Today it is made from skim milk, live cultures, lactose, water and a tiny bit of butterfat.
Marinating chicken pieces in buttermilk overnight or for several hours before making your favorite fried chicken recipe is strictly optional but many people would say it is well worth doing. Buttermilk not only gives your chicken a fantastic flavor but it also helps to tenderize the meat and make it soft and delicious.
If you are looking for a real southern fried chicken experience, soak your chicken in buttermilk before you fry it and you will be able to tell the difference. Once you have tried this approach to making the best deep fried chicken recipes you will want to use buttermilk every time. Continue reading
Sometimes it is nice to make a traditional fried chicken recipe with a thick and crispy batter coating, golden brown breadcrumbs or a nice, richly flavored seasoned flour crust. Other times it is good to make a pan fried chicken recipe without this coating.
The crispy exterior is associated with fried chicken and especially famous fried chicken recipes like KFC chicken and the like. However, chicken is incredibly versatile to cook with and you can simply season it or marinate it and cook it that way. Pan frying is the best cooking method if you are not coating the chicken because deep fried uncoated chicken would be greasy since there is no coating to stop the oil soaking into the meat.
Add Seasonings, Herbs and Spices for Flavor
You can use lemon or lime juice as a seasoning for non-coated fried chicken recipes, or another liquid if you want. This adds flavor and it also gives your selected herbs and spices something to stick to. Salt and pepper are used in most fried chicken recipes that call for seasoning but you might like to use poultry seasoning instead. This comes in lots of different flavors and you can also make your own. Continue reading
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214692 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182212 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70751 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34461 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21800 Views)