directions on how to cut up a whole chicken
The Basic to Cutting Up a Chicken
If you want to prepare a frying chicken, there are a few things that you need to know before you begin.
- You must always use your sharpest knife. You might think that sharp knives are more dangerous than blunt ones but the opposite is true. Most knife accidents are caused by dull knives being forced through meat.
- Pick a good chicken. A bit of yellow under the skin is chicken fat and a lot of people believe this means the chicken is a good one and ready to be made into southern fried chicken or another fried chicken dish. If you want to remove the fat, it does come out easily.
- You will need a clear area to cut up your chicken, including a cutting board if you have one. Fill the sink with hot and soapy water for cleaning up afterwards, when your deep fried chicken recipe is cooking. It helps if you can put the cutting board where the dish drainer is or as close to the sink as possible.
- Be careful with raw chicken juice. Handling raw chicken incorrectly can cause illness so try not to spatter it around the kitchen and if any does get spilt, clean it up well.
Our Latest Recipes
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
Our Most Popular Content
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214746 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (191808 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156724 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70837 Views)
- Home (63414 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40006 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34502 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33028 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21842 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21827 Views)