country fried chicken
The chicken in this country fried chicken recipe is marinated overnight, coated with a spicy flour, and then fried. It is finished off in the oven, so this is a both a fried chicken recipe and a baked chicken recipe. This country fried chicken recipe is wonderful served with baked potatoes, as well as your favorite creamy coleslaw. If you like country fried chicken and oven fried chicken, you are going to enjoy this recipe.
Marinating the chicken for this country fried chicken recipe overnight in garlic, shallots, buttermilk, cilantro and more infuses it with a rich and delicious flavor, which is both aromatic and mildly spiced. The buttermilk not only adds a tangy flavor to the chicken but it helps to make it tender and succulent. The seasoned coating contains paprika and cayenne to add a touch of spice to this oven fried chicken dish. The pan frying seals the chicken and makes the coating crispy and the oven frying helps to finish it off and cook the chicken perfectly all the way through. Your kitchen is going to smell gorgeous the whole time this chicken is cooking.
Some fried chicken recipes are a lot more simple and basic than this one but the amazing taste of the finished dish is well worth the effort of marinating the chicken pieces and making the seasoned flour coating. This is a very special tasting country fried chicken recipe and one that the whole family will enjoy. While the chicken finishes its cooking time in the oven you can prepare your family’s favorite side dishes to serve with this deluxe fried chicken recipe. Continue reading
This delicious country fried chicken recipe combines the flavors of garlic, pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning to give your chicken maximum flavor. If you want your chicken to be extra spicy, double the amount of poultry seasoning and black pepper. The baby spinach and cherry tomatoes add flavor and color to this country fried chicken recipe.
If you prefer to deep fry your chicken, you should heat a few inches of shortening to 365 degrees F in a deep fryer and fry it for about fifteen minutes. Pan fried chicken is just as good as deep fried chicken so it is up to you which cooking method you prefer. You can pound the chicken thin before frying it, if you want, to shorten the cooking time.
Serve this delicious country fried chicken recipe with mashed potatoes, French fries or even some pasta tossed in olive oil. There are lots of different accompaniments and side dishes for a country fried chicken recipe or other types of fried chicken dishes, as well as the classic mashed potatoes or French fries. What about some hot corn on the cob, green peas or garlic bread? This recipe will give you everything you need to know about how to make country fried chicken that will empress your family and friends. Continue reading
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214688 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (181008 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156622 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63391 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39956 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34458 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32957 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21799 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)