classic southern fried chicken
This is a classic southern style fried chicken with the flavor of the South. Although fried chicken is an art form in the South, the good news is you do not have to be an artist to make winning southern fried chicken.
This is another one of those delicious southern fried chicken recipes that uses buttermilk to tenderize the chicken and add a lovely flavor to the chicken. You can use regular milk instead of the buttermilk for a little lighter version of this recipe. This recipe is simple, delicious, and easy to make and your family will ask for more. It goes great with a nice coleslaw and some French fries or equally as good with homemade mashed potatoes and gravy and some fresh corn on the cob.
A lot of fried chicken recipes have ingredients in common and you will often find flour, spices and buttermilk in fried chicken recipes, although the recipes do vary a lot and simply swapping one ingredient for another can change the resulting flavor dramatically. Whether you want to make a beer batter for your chicken or use seasoned flour and go for a southern flavor, your fried chicken is sure to come out delicious and crispy. Who needs to head out for takeout when you can make such great fried chicken recipes in the comfort of your own kitchen? Continue reading
Tradition southern recipes for fried chicken always give great results. Once you have made perfect fried chicken, you will want to make it a lot more. Fried chicken recipes tend to be very easy and are always appreciated by family and friends. This recipe includes Crisco, which is a brand of shortening, as well as flour and seasonings.
The ingredients are combined with the chicken by shaking everything together in a bag – no more floury mess all over your kitchen! You might need to throw in a little paprika when mixing your chicken with the other ingredients. It improves both the color and the flavor of this classic southern fried chicken recipe. There is nothing difficult about making this delicious classic southern fried chicken and the results are sure to be incredible, whichever side dishes you choose to make, to serve this fried chicken recipe with.
The chicken is dusted in a mixture of flour, salt and pepper and fried in a cast iron skillet. This is similar to many other southern fried chicken recipes and this simple preparation method for fried chicken is a tried and tested method to make crispy and tasty fried chicken time after time. If you are looking for an easy fried chicken recipe for beginners, consider making this one. Continue reading
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214687 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (180923 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156619 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70742 Views)
- Home (63391 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39954 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34456 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32946 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21798 Views)