chicken fried steak recipes
Do you just love Southern cooking you are looking for a quick and easy recipe to make for your family tonight? Try this chicken fried steak and find out what all the fuss is about. Yes, chicken fried steak really is that good!
This chicken fried steak recipe will bring visions of the South and down home, rib-sticking food to mind. As the popular queen of southern cooking portrays, this is the epitome of the good old South.
A serving platter of tender beef steak seasoned, battered and fried to a golden perfection, a covered tureen of rich creamy milk gravy, a bowel of sweet buttered whole kernel corn, and a cloth covered basket of steamy hot buttermilk biscuits bring images of a cowboy chuck wagon triangular dinner bell with the clangor ringing the call to dinner. Continue reading
Fried chicken tastes wonderful with French fries and salad and this easy southern fried chicken recipe shows you how to make your own delicious fried chicken meal. You might be a fan of international recipes and like to try new things but a chicken fried steak recipe is one of those classics that is comforting to enjoy now and then.
The chicken in this chicken fried steak recipe is butterflied, which means a breast is opened out, and then pounded lightly with a mallet. Don’t use a metal mallet because it will rip the chicken to pieces, especially if you use the pointy end! Flattening the chicken means it cooks quicker because it is thinner and this is nice for when you are making pan fried chicken recipes and you want the chicken to cook evenly rather than burn on the inside and be half-raw inside.
Chicken fried steak recipes are ideal for beginner cooks because there is nothing difficult about them. The breadcrumb coating features pecans for a mouthwatering, nutty flavor and the poultry seasoning adds a lot of taste as well. If you fancy making a pan fried chicken fried steak recipe, this one is especially good. The pecans make it slightly unusual but the other ingredients and cooking method keeps it close to a traditional southern pan fried chicken dish. Continue reading
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214746 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (191817 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156725 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70838 Views)
- Home (63414 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40006 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34502 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33028 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21843 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21827 Views)