Ok I know this is not a southern fried chicken in the truest sense of the word unless you count Southeast Asia that is. Now I added this category years ago because my idea is although every house in the south has its own special recipe for southern fried chicken I do not know all of them and I wanted to open the site to new possibilities of other chicken recipes especial different frying techniques. Well that most definitely includes stir-frying, it is a great cooking technique that must be explored.
Now one of the most important frying techniques utilizes a wok and usually a bit of oil to quickly over a highish heat flash fry the ingredients so they are usually quick recipes to make. Unlike southern fried chicken which is usually whole piece of chicken cooked in a batter stir fried recipes can be with or without a batter but the pieces are usually like in this case and in most Asian cooking made into bite sized piece for two reasons it make it easier to cook with everything the same size and smaller so it cooks through quick and also chopsticks, it is necessary to make the food able to be picked up by them.
Now chicken is a very common meat to cook in stir-fries others include beef, pork and even seafood but chicken is one of the most common with or without vegetables add in. It also can have a number of different sauces to go with it from sweet to, sweet and sour, to downright hot and spicy. It all depends on where the recipe is from as some parts of Asian food is very spicy while other areas tend to be sweet or somewhere in between. Now just because I cover nontraditional fried chicken recipes don’t worry I still like to hold true to the core of the site and do add new southern inspired fried chicken recipes as they are a joy of food and no culinary experience would be complete without them. Continue reading
Have you had cashew chicken, perhaps in a restaurant or as part of a takeout meal? A cashew chicken is a dish that comprises stir-fried or deep-fried chicken combined with some cashew nuts and finished with delicious oyster sauce. It is said to be a Chinese-American dish that has gained popularity due to its exquisite flavors and pure deliciousness.
This cashew chicken dish, through the years, has gained a lot of variations due to its popularity. A particular variation that is quite well known is from the city of Springfield, Missouri. In this version, the chicken is coated with breadcrumbs and then cooked by deep-frying. This version was said to be first served in the year 1963 by David Leong, a chef who migrated to the United States from China. He came up with the cashew chicken Springfield version in order to gain acceptance in the United States. He wanted to prepare a dish that will charm the palate of the locals.
Due to the popularity of the dish, he was able to open his ‘Leong’s Tea House’ and, in 2010, his son was able to open a new restaurant in Springfield that specialized in cashew chicken. His signature cashew chicken dish became very famous and was even named as unofficial dish of the city. Continue reading
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214687 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (180998 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156620 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63391 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39954 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34458 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32956 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21798 Views)