buttermilk fried chicken
Down south there are as many different ways to make fried chicken as there are ways to make grits and almost every household has their own take on this classic southern dish. This recipe is designed to capture that taste in each bite with one thing missing the bones. This is for two reasons one no bones means all meat and coating second it cooks quicker so not as much waiting for that delicious southern treat to be ready to eat.
It is a well known fact that if you want fried chicken down south does it best just like New England does chowder best. Some parts of this big country just seem to have a knack for making things a bit better than others and chicken means south in my book. You ask how a New England girl like me can do it right I have spent much time in the south and a lot of time looking at southern chicken recipes and testing different combinations to make sure I get that true southern taste.
One of the things when you run a food site in today’s day and age is there is so much information and place to find information to make the world a bit smaller. I take every ethnic cuisine, regional taste and particular nitch very serious like it is the only food on earth and then add my special flare to it to make it down home good. What makes me so good at this, I have four boys and one man I must get every recipe past and trust me they are true food critics. So I present this recipe for your consideration mom tested and guy approved. Continue reading
This buttermilk fried chicken is tasty and delicious and the accompanying gravy adds moisture and flavor to this dish. You can leave the chicken marinating in the buttermilk for longer if you want a more intense flavor. This is a great buttermilk fried chicken recipe to serve with mashed potatoes and corn on the side, for a real southern meal. Coleslaw is another good idea for a side dish, or green beans, baked beans, onion rings or anything else that comes to mind and that you think your family would enjoy.
The homemade gravy recipe is especially good. You can make gravy with milk, flour, water, salt, pepper and the drippings from the pan and this delicious juice is amazing poured over the fried chicken or with mashed potatoes. You can serve it on the side, when you serve this buttermilk fried chicken, so that people can serve themselves to however much gravy they would like. The gravy is enriched with the chicken flavor and this is a delicious combination. If you want to serve an impressive dinner, you can’t go wrong with such a classic favorite as buttermilk fried chicken with mashed potatoes and homemade gravy. This dish is suitable for pretty much any occasion and the kitchen will smell amazing whenever you make it.
Gravy is optional with fried buttermilk chicken and with other fried chicken recipes and you might prefer to serve a sauce with the chicken instead or simply just some ketchup. For a real southern fried chicken meal though, make the gravy. It is very easy and well worth it for its rich and tasty flavor. Continue reading
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214746 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (191793 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156724 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70837 Views)
- Home (63414 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40006 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34502 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33028 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21842 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21827 Views)