Forget the soggy fried chicken you grab from the late-night takeout and make your own for an improved flavor, ultimate texture and customized batter or coating. Whether you are into drumsticks, wings, breast, or mixed chicken pieces, you cannot go wrong when you choose to make your own chicken batter recipes. You can even make oven-fried chicken to get the same deep-fried flavor and crunch but without those extra calories, and the recipes are really easy to make!Chicken is an economical meat and you probably already have all those batter-making ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator. Served with creamy homemade coleslaw and perhaps some onion rings or mashed potatoes on the side, fried chicken is one of those meals no one ever seems to get tired of. Just the aroma of the chicken cooking in the fryer or oven means everyone gravitates toward the kitchen, knowing something delicious is going to be on the table soon.
Perhaps you are only familiar with one type of fried chicken coating, or maybe you have tried a few. But apart from the usual suspects, have you ever tried coating your chicken with pecans, mashed potato flakes or even Italian breadcrumbs? You can vary your chicken batter to keep things fresh. Perhaps you are in the mood for something crispy and crunchy, or maybe you want to use buttermilk or breadcrumbs on your chicken pieces. Either way, all of these recipes are surprisingly simple to prepare, and the chicken does not take long to fry to crispy perfection either.
If you are on the lookout for new chicken batter ideas, keep reading and see which ones you have already tried and which batter ideas catch your eye. We have plenty of recipes for you here, showing you how to add new flavors and textures to your chicken, so you can make an incredible meal for the whole family to tuck into. Many people like to enjoy fried chicken regularly, either oven-fried chicken or the regular deep-fried kind, but we have plenty of recipes and suggestions to ensure you will not run out of ideas. We recommend you use chicken thighs and drumsticks for the very best results. Continue reading
This delicious fried chicken recipe is easy to make and a bit different from the others because garlic powder is used to give extra flavor. The chicken is first soaked in milk to make it tender. You can soak it overnight if you want to, for extra flavor, but an hour is fine too, if that is all the time you have before you want to eat.
Chunks of butter are added to the pan for the chicken to absorb. For the richest, most indulgent southern fried chicken recipe, give this one a try. Drain the chicken on kitchen towel when it is ready and then on a wire rack until it is cool enough to eat. This is mouthwatering southern fried chicken, which is soaked in milk, heavily battered, seasoned with a hint of garlic flavor and fried golden brown and crispy. Even the description sounds amazing and the finished fried chicken recipe is guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds and delight all your senses.
This southern batter fried chicken is perfect for any occasion, whether you are looking for a simple idea for dinner, whether you have some friends over or maybe you just have a fried chicken craving and you fancy a juicy portion of delicious, home-cooked fried chicken in a crispy, garlic-flavored batter. Any occasion is a great occasion for making southern batter fried chicken. Continue reading
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214699 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182831 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156631 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70759 Views)
- Home (63396 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39962 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32969 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21806 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21804 Views)