Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon
Partridge are not a widely available bird at most markets but if you have a specialty butcher in your area you may find them or if you have a family member or friend that is a bird hunter you may be able to get them that way. Or you can check this site I have not personally used them but they have all kinds of exotic meats available for sale. Partridge are fairly small so the cooking time is fairly short compared to say chicken or turkey and this is not a meal you’re going to make for a family dinner it really is more for say an anniversary or Valentine’s day, something along those lines.
Now in case you missed it I even managed to work crispy bacon into this recipe wonder how that ended up happening. Me bacon, I don’t know I was walking by and some pig candy fell into the plate. Ok all joking aside it makes everything better right? Now you could season this in a few ways but I find this combination of herbs and seasoning is perfect for roasting most poultry and it really brings out the natural beauty of the meat and gives it a nice tasty crispy skin that is let’s face it the best part of any roasted bird in my opinion, oh there is meat too.
Now if you like you could stuff these it will increase the cooking time a bit if you opt to do this cook it covered about an extra ten minutes and the following would be a good stuffing to use. Take half a granny smith apple and dice it (remove the core) and to this use a little of your favorite broth to moisten it some marbled rye bread crumbs and a few dried cranberries and loosely stuff the bird and then roast as suggest earlier. You can also add a tablespoon or so of minced garlic to the stuffing this will help impart that garlic flavor inside and out.
- 2 partridges
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Granulated garlic, for basting to taste
- Butter unsalted, for basting
- 8 pieces crispy thick sliced bacon
- Sea salt freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the partridge with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Take one of the sprigs of rosemary and remove its leaves and place in a Pyrex measuring cup with the butter and the amount of garlic you like then melt it for a short bit in the microwave and use it to baste the birds. Repeat this through the roasting process especial in the last fifteen minutes.
- Roast for ten to fifteen minutes covered with foil and then roast an additional fifteen minute or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F. uncovered don't forget to baste
- Remove from the oven and let them rest for about 10 minutes loosely covered in the foil.
- Serve with the crispy bacon under them and sprigs of fresh rosemary to garnish.
Partridge is a nice size bird if you are looking for something to make for a special dinner for two this is a simple recipe that will tell someone special you care about them. It is easy to make and doesn’t take a longtime either which is nice to say I care but not have to be strapped to the kitchen all day to do it. They are very simple to treat as most of the seasoning is done in the roasting process with the use of a butter, garlic and rosemary basting sauce. All you have to do is simply use a kitchen brush to apply the buttery mixture to the bird several times so that it helps it get a crispy skin during the roasting process.
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214650 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (171251 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156566 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70687 Views)
- Home (63376 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39919 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34426 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32894 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21779 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21767 Views)