One of the Best Low Fat Fried Chicken Recipes
Southern fried chicken might not be the first dish to pop into your mind when you think about low fat food or healthy meals but there is a way to minimize the fat content of southern classic fried chicken recipes without affecting the wonderful flavor it is well known for. This recipe features succulent chicken with a crunchy cornflake crumb coating. It is cooked in vegetable oil and the resulting low fat fried chicken recipe is really flavorful and delicious without being greasy or fatty. Use low fat buttermilk to reduce the fat level and calorie count even more.
Learning how to make southern fried chicken is easy and this recipe is especially straightforward. You can use chicken breast halves or drumsticks for this southern fried chicken recipe. Both come out very nicely. Also, there are recipes for southern fried chicken which you pan fry and others which you deep fry. Oven fried chicken is another way of minimizing the fat in a fried chicken recipe but you can also do this by pan frying in a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil, like in this fried chicken recipe.
Southern batter fried chicken is a classic dish and you can serve it with any vegetables or salad, as well as any kind of potato, rice or pasta dish. Mashed potatoes go particularly well with southern classic fried chicken but you can serve boiled potatoes, spicy potato wedges or anything else you fancy. This healthy fried chicken recipe is also good with a simple salad and your favorite salad dressing.
- 4 skinless chicken pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cornflake crumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Soak the chicken in the buttermilk in a sealed Ziploc bag or covered glass dish for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Throw the buttermilk away.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and cornflake crumbs and dredge the chicken in this mixture until it is coated all over. Heat the oil in a frying pan and pan fry the chicken for about 18 minutes, turning it once.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Served alongside a colorful salad, this healthy southern fried chicken recipe makes a delicious dinner. Lowering your fat or calorie intake doesn’t mean you have to skip your favorite dishes and if you fancy a tasty southern fried chicken recipe you can have exactly that. This tasty chicken is covered in an appetizing crumb coating and it is pan fried in vegetable oil. Dip this tasty breaded chicken recipe in ketchup, mayonnaise or serve it with a homemade gravy or sauce. This flavorful southern fried chicken recipe is great for families, snacks, buffets, parties and all different occasions. If you want to know how to make southern fried chicken the easy way, try this flavorful recipe.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182116 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70751 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)