Light Batter Southern Fried Chicken Recipe with a Rich Tasty Batter
This southern fried chicken recipe uses a rich, tasty batter. The chicken pieces are dipped first in cream and then in seasoned flour. Paprika is used in this southern fried chicken recipe for a browner color and an interesting flavor. Some fried chicken recipes are very plain and just use flour but this one has a few other ingredients to add flavor and texture without overpowering the chicken taste.
When your fried chicken is ready, you should drain it on a paper towel and then you can place it on a metal wire cooling rack in a warm oven to cool more. Alternatively, cool it on a wire rack at room temperature. This fried chicken tip ensures your chicken ends up crispy rather than greasy. Another fried chicken cooking tip is to use a cast iron skillet because cast iron distributes heat evenly and retains heat, keeping the oil hot.
Fried chicken is very easy to make, even if you have never made a light batter southern fried chicken recipe like this one before. You don’t need many ingredients and the preparation of this southern fried chicken recipe is simple. Serve the hot chicken with your favorite side dishes. Mashed potatoes, French fries, corn on the cob and beans are all good hot side dishes for southern fried chicken recipes and coleslaw is a good cold side dish. You can also serve ketchup, mayonnaise or BBQ sauce for dipping.
- 3 ½ lb fryer chicken
- ¼ cup light cream
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cut the chicken into pieces, then wash and pat each piece dry.
- Mix the salt, paprika, baking powder and pepper into the flour.
- Dip the chicken in the light cream and then coat it thickly with the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in the skillet (or use shortening if you prefer) to 325 degrees F.
- Add the coated chicken to the hot oil and brown it for 10 minutes all over.
- Cover the skillet, reduce the heat to 225 degrees F and fry the chicken for about half an hour.
- Take the lid off the pan and cook the chicken for 10 minutes more.
In this light batter southern fried chicken recipe, the chicken pieces are coated in cream and then in seasoned flour to give them a delicious flavor. This is such a flavorful southern fried chicken recipe and you will love the crispy outside and the tender, juicy inside. You can see how delicious this light batter southern fried chicken recipe is going to be, just by looking at the picture. Good fried chicken is crispy and the chicken melts in the mouth. This recipe is definitely one of the best ones to make if you like perfect fried chicken.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182131 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70751 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)