Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic
This delicious fried chicken recipe is easy to make and a bit different from the others because garlic powder is used to give extra flavor. The chicken is first soaked in milk to make it tender. You can soak it overnight if you want to, for extra flavor, but an hour is fine too, if that is all the time you have before you want to eat.
Chunks of butter are added to the pan for the chicken to absorb. For the richest, most indulgent southern fried chicken recipe, give this one a try. Drain the chicken on kitchen towel when it is ready and then on a wire rack until it is cool enough to eat. This is mouthwatering southern fried chicken, which is soaked in milk, heavily battered, seasoned with a hint of garlic flavor and fried golden brown and crispy. Even the description sounds amazing and the finished fried chicken recipe is guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds and delight all your senses.
This southern batter fried chicken is perfect for any occasion, whether you are looking for a simple idea for dinner, whether you have some friends over or maybe you just have a fried chicken craving and you fancy a juicy portion of delicious, home-cooked fried chicken in a crispy, garlic-flavored batter. Any occasion is a great occasion for making southern batter fried chicken.
- 3 ½ lb fryer chicken
- 12 fl oz milk
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Shortening, for frying
- Cut the chicken into pieces.
- Beat the milk with the eggs.
- Add the chicken pieces to the milk and egg mixture and leave it in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a big plastic bag.
- Melt enough shortening in a skillet to get it an inch deep.
- Put the chicken pieces in the bag with the flour mixture and shake them to coat.
- Add them to the hot shortening, then chop the butter and add the pieces to the pan.
- Cover the pan and cook the chicken pieces over a medium heat until they are cooked through.
- Take the lid off 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time so the chicken can get crispy.
As the chicken cooks the heavy batter turns crispy and golden brown. Giving the batter a gentle hint of garlic powder is enough to add an extra flavor dimension to the southern batter fried chicken and make it even more delicious. Chicken can be pan-fried, oven fried or deep fried but sometimes it is nice to fry your chicken in hot oil, for the crispiest and most wonderful fried chicken results. This type of frying makes the batter extra crunchy while keeping the chicken inside tender, moist and truly succulent.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-07-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214750 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (193767 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156731 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70848 Views)
- Home (63418 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40010 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34508 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33043 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21846 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21830 Views)