Gourmet Southern Fried Chicken with Wonderful Touch of Garlic Flavor
For a real gourmet southern fried chicken recipe, this fried chicken is easy to prepare, quick to cook and tastes wonderful. The chicken is soaked in buttermilk before being cooked. This seals in the juices and gives a tasty flavor to the chicken. For a stronger buttermilk flavor, you can soak the chicken it in for several hours or even overnight. McCormick season-all is used in this gourmet southern fried chicken recipe. This seasoning is a replacement for salt and pepper. The other ingredients in McCormick season-all add a great balance of mild heat and savory flavor to this gourmet southern fried chicken recipe and many other fried chicken recipes.
Our gourmet southern fried chicken. This recipe is simple, delicious, and easy to make. Just be sure to make enough for dinner and still have a few pieces leftover – as delicious as fried chicken is straight from the pan, it’s even better cold the next day. If you like garlic the season all gives a nice garlicky taste but you really love garlic with your chicken try adding a little granulated garlic to the mix. Southern fried chicken soaked in buttermilk briefly, lightly battered and seasoned with McCormick’s seasoning and fresh ground pepper.
This is a gourmet southern fried chicken recipe which is simple yet bursting with flavor. If you like to try different fried chicken recipes, you will enjoy making this buttermilk-marinated, garlic flavored southern fried chicken dish because it is simple to prepare and the flavor is perfectly balanced and delicious. Serve this delicious garlic flavored southern fried chicken with typical southern side dishes like French fries, corn on the cob or coleslaw for a complete meal. Southern fried chicken is best eaten with your fingers and this juicy, delicious recipe is real comfort food.
- 3 lbs chicken
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 minced clove garlic
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Morton Season-All
- Shortening, to fry
- Cut the chicken into pieces and soak it for 30 minutes in the buttermilk.
- Mix the garlic, pepper, Season-All and flour together, then coat the chicken in it.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium heat then add the chicken.
- Cover the skillet and cook the chicken for 15 minutes.
- Turn it over and cook it on the other side until it is cooked through and golden brown all over.
- Drain it on a paper towel and serve hot.
This tender, juicy gourmet southern fried chicken recipe is guaranteed to be a huge hit with the whole family. You really have to taste this mouthwatering garlic flavored southern fried chicken to believe its wonder. Garlic and chicken are a fantastic combination and the garlic enhances the fried chicken recipe beautifully without overpowering its soft flavor. Our gourmet southern fried chicken has a hint of tasty garlic in every bite and a crisp crust that you are going to love. You can see from the photo how golden, crispy and appetizing this gourmet southern fried chicken recipe looks, especially when teamed with corn, salad and pasta, or your favorite side dishes.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182181 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70751 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)