Genuine Southern Fried Chicken for Real Southern Taste
Sometimes nothing beats the flavor of a real southern fried chicken recipe, so why not make this mouthwatering genuine southern fried chicken tonight? Perhaps tomorrow night is a better idea for this one, because it needs to be salted and left in the refrigerator overnight but that will give you something to look forward to tomorrow.
The reason for salting the chicken is to draw out moisture and this results in juicy yet firm chicken. Real southern fried chicken is succulent and firm and this southern chicken recipe is guaranteed to become a family favorite. This real southern chicken is awesome with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetables but why not try it with French fries or fried potato wedges and some snow peas or green beans instead? Corn on the cob goes well too, or baked beans or barbecue style beans.
Real southern fried chicken is a dish that there is no substitute for. You either make genuine southern fried chicken or you don’t. Southern fried chicken is a combination of succulent, juicy chicken coated in a crispy and flavorful batter. Once you have tried real southern fried chicken you won’t accept any imitations. Southern fried chicken is simple, delicious, finger-licking good and something that you can make for your family tonight.
- 3 ½ lbs chicken pieces
- 3 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Sprinkle ⅔ of the salt over the chicken, then coat it with wax paper and refrigerate it overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Pour 1 inch of oil into a skillet and add the butter to it.
- Heat the fat to 375 degrees F. Rinse the salt off the chicken.
- Add the flour and pepper to a bag, as well as the remaining salt.
- Add half the chicken to the bag and shake it well to coat.
- Repeat with the other half of the chicken pieces.
- Arrange the chicken in the skillet, not letting the pieces touch.
- You will have to cook it in batches if the skillet is not big enough for this.
- Cook the chicken pieces for about 15 minutes or until they are golden brown all over, turning them once.
- If you are cooking in batches, keep the cooked chicken pieces warm in an oven heated to 200 degrees F.
- Drain the chicken on paper towels.
This is a photo of our tasty and crispy real southern fried chicken. You will agree, after trying this recipe, that nothing is quite as incredible as genuine southern fried chicken. Frying chicken to perfection is nearly an art form. It must be fried until it’s cooked but not until it is overcooked. Tender, juicy chicken is something that everyone loves and you can make this real southern fried chicken recipe to spoilt and delight your family. Show them how much you love them by making juicy southern fried chicken with some delicious side dishes and they will be in no doubt! Southern fried chicken is easy to make and is such a classic dish.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214693 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182279 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156629 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70752 Views)
- Home (63393 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32962 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21802 Views)