Country Chicken Fried Steak
One of the South’s great dinner dishes is chicken fried steak. delicious thin beef steaks that are tenderized, flour-coated and cooked to crunchy perfection. It is a wonderfully delicious and super-easy meal to prepare.
It is a comfort food enjoyed over the years in many Southern family homes. This Southern food can be prepared in about 20 minutes or less, from start to finish. Typically served with delicious creamy milk gravy and snow white mashed potatoes, it is a tasty treat for all to enjoy.
If you have never tasted chicken fried steak, then this recipe is one you simply have to try. The crunchy breading, perfectly seasoned and tender steak is absolutely delicious. Even the children will devour this tender delicious meal. It will undoubtedly become a quick family favorite of your household as well.
If desired, you can make a batch of creamy milk gravy and serve the gravy ladled over the steak. This is a glorious and very filling Southern food favorite which, once tasted, you will certainly want to make often. Serve steamed green beans or a lovely tossed salad of baby greens, tomato, carrot strips and purple onion. A glass of cold sweet iced tea makes this meal the perfect comfort food meal for everyone in the family.
- 4 beef cube steaks
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup fine cracker crumbs
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 4 portions hot mashed potatoes
- 4 portions hot white gravy
- 1 chopped green onion
- In a medium sized bowl, beat 2 eggs until blended.
- In a separate bowl, place the bread crumbs.
- Put your flour, salt and pepper on a plate.
- Dip the beef into the egg first, then into the flour to lightly coat both sides.
- Now dip the flour-coated cube steaks back into egg and turn in egg so both sides are well-coated.
- Now dip the cube steak into the breadcrumbs and make sure both sides are neatly covered with breadcrumbs.
- Set the finished, breaded cube steak on a platter, ready to cook.
- Next heat a skillet, (preferably cast iron, if you have one else just a heavy skillet).
- Add cooking oil to the skillet and let the oil heat up.
- Do not let the oil get to smoking point.
- Reduce the heat and keep the oil hot but not smoking.
- Place the steaks in the skillet.
- Do not overcrowd the skillet, make sure there is enough room to easily turn steaks.
- Cook the steaks on both sides for about 2 minutes, or until golden on both sides.
- Remove the cooked cube steaks to platter.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.
- You can sprinkle some sliced green onion over the top if liked, as a garnish.
To feed a large family calculate 1 steak per person and you will certainly have plenty to feed your family. Do not pour gravy on steak until ready to serve, otherwise the steak will lose its firm texture. You may also serve the gravy separately and allow family to help themselves to gravy. No matter how you serve this easy chicken fried steak, it will be a treat for everyone's taste buds.
Ritz Crackers, Original, 20.6 Ounce Box
Country fried steak or chicken fried steak are Southern traditions. The picture shows just how yummy looking that wonderful breading is and you can almost feel it melt in your mouth and the breading go crunch as you chew each mouthful. You really are missing out if you have not taken the chance to try this Southern tradition, so why not gather all the ingredients you need and get to work making this fantastic comfort food style recipe, along with fluffy mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetables.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-07-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182002 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21802 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)