Classic Southern Taste with This Texas Fried Chicken Recipe
Southern fried chicken is arguably the quintessential southern dish. There are plenty of fried chicken recipes, many of which have been passed down through the generations. This classic American recipe is thought to have originated from the traditional fricassee served in many southern homes. Fricassee was popular as far back as in the late eighteenth century. It is a dish of stewed, sautéed meat served with a white gravy. Fricassee is still made today but usually at home, rather than served in restaurants.
This authentic Texas fried chicken recipe is delicious. You can double up on the black pepper and paprika for extra spiciness or double the whole recipe because you can freeze half of it for future use if you like. Poultry seasoning is nice to use for making southern fried chicken recipes and it really livens up this tasty and authentic Texas fried chicken recipe.
You can serve this delicious dish with mashed potatoes or French fries and a vegetable as well. Texas is home to Tex-Mex cuisine so why not add some Mexican flavor with a Spanish rice dish or some salad with a lime dressing? You might also like a cooling side dish with this spicy chicken recipe, so creamy coleslaw would be another winner.
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons MSG (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 ½ lbs chicken pieces
- Vegetable oil
- Blend the egg with the milk.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and dip the chicken in this mixture, then the egg and milk mixture.
- Dip the chicken in the dry mixture once more.
- Fry at 325 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
This Texas fried chicken is golden and delicious and once you take your first bite through the crispy crust into the soft and tender chicken, you will be able to taste the wonderful blend of seasonings used to make this Texas fried chicken recipe so unique and special. Serve this tasty Texas fried chicken with French fries and a green vegetable, like in the picture, or with anything else you like. If you fancy fried chicken with a bit of a spicy kick to it, this is the ideal recipe to make because it is gently spiced and flavorful without being too hot.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214750 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (193737 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156731 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70848 Views)
- Home (63418 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40010 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34508 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33041 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21844 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21830 Views)