Classic Southern Fried Chicken with That Real Southern Flavor
Tradition southern recipes for fried chicken always give great results. Once you have made perfect fried chicken, you will want to make it a lot more. Fried chicken recipes tend to be very easy and are always appreciated by family and friends. This recipe includes Crisco, which is a brand of shortening, as well as flour and seasonings.
The ingredients are combined with the chicken by shaking everything together in a bag – no more floury mess all over your kitchen! You might need to throw in a little paprika when mixing your chicken with the other ingredients. It improves both the color and the flavor of this classic southern fried chicken recipe. There is nothing difficult about making this delicious classic southern fried chicken and the results are sure to be incredible, whichever side dishes you choose to make, to serve this fried chicken recipe with.
The chicken is dusted in a mixture of flour, salt and pepper and fried in a cast iron skillet. This is similar to many other southern fried chicken recipes and this simple preparation method for fried chicken is a tried and tested method to make crispy and tasty fried chicken time after time. If you are looking for an easy fried chicken recipe for beginners, consider making this one.
- 1 fryer chicken (2 ½ lbs - 3 lbs)
- ⅓ cup Crisco
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the chicken into pieces.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a bag, then add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, shaking it well to coat evenly.
- Add the Crisco to a skillet and bring it to 360 degrees F over a medium high heat.
- Fry the chicken pieces for about 35 minutes without covering the skillet.
- Turn them several times during cooking so they brown evenly.
This is a photo of our hot and crispy classic southern fried chicken. You have to experience southern fried chicken yourself to realize how good it can be. Nothing beats the flavor of authentic southern fried chicken. This delicious recipe is the cornerstone to any family meal and a homemade fried chicken recipe is a hundred times better than anything which comes out of a box or packet. Classic southern fried chicken is surprisingly easy to prepare, even if you are new to making southern fried chicken recipes, and the results are simply amazing. If you love fried chicken recipes you are going to love home-cooked fried chicken even more.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182059 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)