Classic Southern Fried Chicken Fillet Burger with That Real Southern Flavor
Southern fried chicken can be served in many different ways and one great variation is to make southern fried chicken burgers and serve the chicken in a bun. A chicken fried burger goes well with French fries and these southern fried chicken burgers are simple to make.
You can vary what you put with the finished burgers so if you fancy pickles or bacon, feel free to include them. You might want a slice of cheese in your southern fried chicken burger as well. Both adults and kids will love this delicious variation of Southern fried chicken and this is an economical meal to make as well as a very tasty one. Perhaps you are more used to eating pork hamburgers rather than a delicious southern fried chicken burger but these make a nice change. Chicken is nutritious and this is certainly an easy burger to make.
The chicken is pounded thin to make this southern fried chicken fillet burger and then coated in egg and flour to result in a very crispy batter. As with any kind of southern fried chicken recipe, the crispy batter contrasts beautifully with the soft, tender chicken inside it. A chicken sandwich makes a delicious lunch or dinner and kids and adults alike will enjoy this wholesome southern classic recipe.
- 2 large chicken fillets, no skin or bones
- 2 eggs
- 4 ½ oz flour
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 burger buns
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Cut the chicken fillets in half horizontally and place them in a freezer bag, one at a time, pounding with the smooth edge of a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten.
- Season with salt and pepper. Season the flour with the cayenne pepper and a teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Break the eggs into another bowl and lightly beat them.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg; drain off any excess and then dip them into the flour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium to high heat and pan-fry the chicken on one side for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Turn over, turn the heat down to medium, and fry for 5 to 8 minutes on the other side or until the chicken burgers are cooked with no pink inside.
- Serve the Southern fried chicken burgers in the burger buns with the lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise.
The delicious southern fried chicken burger in the picture is sandwiched between two halves of a bun and is served with a generous layer of mayonnaise, as well as lettuce and tomato for color and flavor. Of course, you can change the garnish if you like. Sliced cheese is a nice option or even a slice of pineapple. A chicken sandwich is a filling and tasty meal, whether you serve it alone or with French fries or another flavorful side dish like coleslaw or onion rings. If you like fried chicken you will definitely enjoy this southern fried chicken fillet burger. It is easy to prepare and really gorgeous to bite into.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
One Response to Classic Southern Fried Chicken Fillet Burger with That Real Southern Flavor
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182177 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70751 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)