Tender Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
This delicious buttermilk oven fried chicken recipe combines the flavors of parmesan cheese, oregano, paprika, garlic and more. The result is melt in the mouth, crispy chicken, which is wonderful served with green beans, beets and mashed potato or French fries. This is a really flavorful buttermilk fried chicken oven recipe so if you like to bake your chicken, make this tasty dish.
Oven baked chicken is healthier than a deep fried chicken recipe because less fat is used but it tastes just as rich and sumptuous. Actually if you serve a buttermilk oven fried chicken recipe to your family or friends they won’t be able to taste that it is oven fried instead of deep fried so if you like this cooking method, go for it!
If you are a fan of southern fried chicken, you will love this oven fried chicken recipe. It is quick and easy to make and will make a great meal for the whole family to enjoy. The buttermilk adds a unique flavor and helps to tenderize the chicken. The parmesan and flour mixture turns into a perfect golden crust and gives this chicken recipe lots of flavor. This oven baked buttermilk fried chicken is a wonderful dinner and you can take your pick from many delicious fried chicken side dish ideas.
- 3 lb frying chicken, cut into pieces
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a 9 by 13 inch pan with foil.
- Put the butter in the pan and let it melt, without burning, in the oven.
- Rub the salt and pepper into the chicken pieces.
- Put the buttermilk in a bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the buttermilk then into the seasoned flour.
- Place the pieces skin side down in the buttered pan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces over, turn the heat down to 300 degrees F and bake for another 20 minutes.
This photo shows the golden brown, parmesan enriched crust covering this succulent and perfect oven fried chicken recipe. You might like to swap the parmesan for another kind of cheese if you want a different flavor but parmesan does seem to have a special affinity with chicken. The two flavors go together nicely. For the best results used freshly grated parmesan cheese instead of the pre-grated stuff from a box. This oven baked parmesan and buttermilk fried chicken makes a wonderful dinner. Kids and adults love it and you can serve it at any occasion, dressed up with a fancy garnish or side dish, or casual with French fries and a dipping sauce.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
One Response to Tender Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (181996 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21802 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)