Fried Chicken Hot and Juice Fresh From the Oven?
If you love the flavor of deep fried chicken but you want to bake it instead, this oven fried chicken recipe will give you the best of both worlds. The chicken is soaked in buttermilk overnight to make it flavorful and moist. The chicken is then coated in flour and fried in oil before being finished off in a roaster.
This is a very simple recipe and, as long as you don’t mind soaking the chicken overnight, the perfect way to make an oven fried chicken recipe. To check when your chicken is done, pierce it and make sure the juices run clear. Also, check the inside temperature. If it is less than 180 degrees F, your chicken needs to cook for longer.
Your family will not be able to tell the difference between that and a southern fried chicken recipe or deep fried chicken recipe. Chicken comes out just as nicely from the oven as it does from the deep fat fryer. This buttermilk oven fried chicken recipe combines classic flavors with the timeless deliciousness of chicken to results in a wonderful dinner. Everyone will adore the flavor and texture of this amazing oven fried chicken recipe and you will love the ease with which you can prepare it.
- 1 chicken
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup water
- Cut the chicken into 8 pieces.
- Put the chicken pieces in a dish, cover them with the buttermilk and put the dish in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat each piece of chicken in flour and sauté it in the vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken into a roaster, add the water and bake until cooked through.
This is a photo of our amazing hot buttermilk oven fried chicken recipe. It is true that Americans adore fried chicken and it is one of the best-selling fast foods across the country. Fried chicken can be much healthier when done in the oven instead of on the stovetop and an oven fried chicken recipe can be just as crispy, indulgent and delicious as regular deep fried chicken. This buttermilk oven fried chicken recipe is simple to make and the simple combination of chicken, flour, water and buttermilk could not be much easier. Chicken is a versatile ingredient in many recipes but it has its own simple yet amazing flavor which is why so many people adore fried chicken recipes.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182066 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)