Easy Hot and Juice Fried Chicken Fresh From the Oven
This multilayer fried chicken is dipped in flour, then in an egg and milk mixture and finally coated in breadcrumbs. This is an oven fried chicken recipe, combining the authentic southern fried chicken flavor with a tasty home-baked taste. Paprika and pepper liven up the spicy flavor and garlic and onion improve the taste even more. You will still get a tasty, crispy coating on oven fried chicken but it will not be oily like with pan-fried or deep fried southern fried chicken recipes.
A lot of fried chicken recipes are coated in an egg mixture and then seasoned flour, and then deep fried, but this one is different. Sometimes it is nice to make an oven fried chicken recipe and not just for the health benefits. Oven fried chicken makes a change from deep fried chicken and you can add other ingredients to the dish while it bakes, to add to the flavor of the easy oven fried chicken recipe you are making, such as the garlic and onion in this case.
For an extra kick you might like to add a couple of drops of chili sauce to the egg and milk mixture or some chili powder to the seasoned breadcrumbs. This oven fried chicken is great served with mashed potatoes or French fries and perhaps a serving of deep fried garlic mushrooms or onion rings on the side.
- 1 broiler chicken
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 ½ cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and wash them.
- Dry them on paper towels. Dredge the chicken pieces with the flour on wax paper.
- Heat the oil in a baking dish.
- Beat the eggs with the milk.
- Dip the floured chicken in the milk mixture and cover it with the breadcrumbs.
- Put the chicken in the baking pan with the hot oil and sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika over the top.
- Sprinkle the garlic and onion between the pieces of chicken and bake for about 55 minutes or until it is cooked through and golden brown.
Oven fried chicken is very versatile. Not only can you choose from various batter recipes and add garlic, herbs and onion to the chicken while it cooks, to liven up the flavor, but you can choose various side dishes. You might like to roast some potatoes or vegetables in the oven while you are cooking your easy oven fried chicken recipe. Oven fried chicken often needs an hour of baking time so you can add the vegetables, potatoes or other side dishes after you start cooking the chicken. Oven fried chicken is a healthy dish yet one which is bursting with flavor.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214740 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (191030 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156718 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70831 Views)
- Home (63414 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40004 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34501 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33027 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21841 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21826 Views)