Country Fried Chicken Recipe with Gourmet Coating
The chicken in this country fried chicken recipe is marinated overnight, coated with a spicy flour, and then fried. It is finished off in the oven, so this is a both a fried chicken recipe and a baked chicken recipe. This country fried chicken recipe is wonderful served with baked potatoes, as well as your favorite creamy coleslaw. If you like country fried chicken and oven fried chicken, you are going to enjoy this recipe.
Marinating the chicken for this country fried chicken recipe overnight in garlic, shallots, buttermilk, cilantro and more infuses it with a rich and delicious flavor, which is both aromatic and mildly spiced. The buttermilk not only adds a tangy flavor to the chicken but it helps to make it tender and succulent. The seasoned coating contains paprika and cayenne to add a touch of spice to this oven fried chicken dish. The pan frying seals the chicken and makes the coating crispy and the oven frying helps to finish it off and cook the chicken perfectly all the way through. Your kitchen is going to smell gorgeous the whole time this chicken is cooking.
Some fried chicken recipes are a lot more simple and basic than this one but the amazing taste of the finished dish is well worth the effort of marinating the chicken pieces and making the seasoned flour coating. This is a very special tasting country fried chicken recipe and one that the whole family will enjoy. While the chicken finishes its cooking time in the oven you can prepare your family’s favorite side dishes to serve with this deluxe fried chicken recipe.
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 6 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 6 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 10 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons plain flour
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and coat the chicken in a shallow dish. Cover and leave to marinate for 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Combine all the coating ingredients.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and dip them in the spicy flour. Coat them thoroughly and return them to the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed deep pan until a breadcrumb sizzles when dropped in.
- Add the chicken and fry until evenly golden brown.
- Remove and place on a baking sheet. Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
You can see how crispy this chicken is and you can see how delicious the coating makes it look. This chicken is made in two parts because first of all you have the marinating, and that will infuse the meat with flavor. After that you add a delicious coating and then the chicken is browned in a skillet before being finished off in the oven. Oven-frying yields great results and if you want to cut the fat from your favorite fried chicken recipe, simple choose an oven-frying recipe instead of one calling for a deep fat fryer. You will get all the flavor but only a fraction of the fat.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182030 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21802 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)