Baked Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Quick & Easy Baked Chicken Nuggets Recipe
This is a quick and easy lunch recipe that you can make for your kids on a busy day. Try this tasty baked chicken nuggets recipe, and discover just how much your kids love them. They will also prefer them to the frozen kind you buy, and you get to make these yourself, which is healthier than using those frozen ones with all the additives they have in them.
Kids love finger foods, there is no doubt about it. It’s easy for them to pick up and they do not have to try to manipulate a fork. When my kids were little I always made them their special finger food treats at least twice a week. That way they were still learning proper table etiquette but also have two days a week where it was finger food for everyone!
They loved my fried cheese sticks, fried broccoli florets, but they loved these baked chicken nuggets more than anything else. These were a bit sticky and messy but the kids loved them and, well, on those days I was a bit lax on the table etiquette, and they did have napkins.
Whether eaten with a fork or your fingers these baked chicken nuggets are great and they go well with anything you choose to serve on the side.
Baked chicken nuggets are especially good with fried potatoes and onions, carrot and celery sticks with blue cheese or ranch dressing as a tasty addition. You can find the recipe for these little bites below, as well as the directions, and there is no doubt you will find this a simple recipe to make, as well as something the kids really enjoy.
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1½ inch pieces.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil in a bowl
- Dip the chicken pieces into the melted butter first, then coat them with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
Chicken nuggets are something just every child loves, and seeing these golden brown bites on their plate at dinner time is sure to bring a smile to every face. The differences between frozen, store-bought nuggets and these are twofold. First, these taste fresher and better, and second they are healthier because frozen ones contain various additives you will want to leave out of your homemade recipes. The picture shows how appetizing these golden brown chicken nuggets look, and they are lovely served with ketchup or mayo for dipping. The grownups will love these, not just the kids.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-07-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214693 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182279 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156629 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70752 Views)
- Home (63393 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32962 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21802 Views)