Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice
Ok over the next several days you may notice a bit of strange navigation things taking place here, why? Well good question I have decided to implement two very big changes here one is more navigational and structural which should all through the beauty of WordPress permalinks correct itself. I have decided to start a test here as it is the smallest of my sites, therefore the easiest to test it on that a friend of mine recently did and that is move all my articles off of pages and into the post section to you the biggest change will be every article will now have a picture. Plus a feature picture so it is more informative and appealing hopefully.
The other will be phased in over time starting with this post. I have decided to expand Southern Fried Chicken to include all two legged creatures (not frogs and toads). What? Yes in our expansion it dawns on me the site had a limited amount of room to grow and in today’s world of recipe sites growth is important if you want to attract new visitors, which what webmaster doesn’t. New visitors means new revenues (yes I do have to pay hosting “very good hosting at that”) and feed four kids and a disabled husband so yes I do think of revenue sorry, I need to live too.
I mean it is nice to have the international fried chicken category but even with wok in hand how many ways can you fry a chicken before it just gets repetitive. So I introduce my first non-fried chicken recipe below is my take on a famous Indian dish done in the crockpot not the fryer. I will over time also start including recipes for things like turkey and wild game birds if it sort of walked on two legs it is fair game from here on out.
Give me a few days to tide up the back office and get that all working flawlessly and then a new stream of all kinds of recipes here. What you will not find are a few seemingly obvious omissions like grilled chicken I have a barbeque site so it is there and most crockpot recipes are at the main company blog so not to many other than this one. In other words if it is more appropriate to another of my sites like soup it will be on that site.
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika, hot
- 2½ teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 stick butter, unsalted in one tablespoon slices
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1½ cups whole canned tomatoes
- 2½ tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 4 pounds boneless chicken thighs, in 1 inch cubes
- Few sprigs fresh cilantro to garnish
- Basmati Rice (optional)
- To make the marinade blend all ingredients in your food processor.
- Transfer to a large glass bowl and add the chicken and fully coat it and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large skillet melt the butter. Next add cinnamon, vinegar, cardamom, tomatoes, and tomato paste and bring this to a rapid boil then lower to a fast simmer and stir this until it forms a fairly thick sauce you want a bit of liquid for the crockpot about fifteen minutes.
- Remove the marinated chicken and its contents and add to your crockpot and then add the sauce (tomatoes mixture) and blend well set crockpot on low for three hours. In the last fifteen minutes stir it and blend in the coconut milk and blend well leave lid of it needs to thicken a bit and finish cooking for half an hour if lid is off for fifteen minutes with it on.
- Transfer to bowls with rice if using and garnish with fresh cilantro sprig and a cinnamon stick.
As a first for us here at Southern Fried Chicken we introduce our first non-fried chicken recipe. Why is this important? If you like fried chicken why should you have to look elsewhere for it cooked in say something other then loads of oil. It is possible you know to cook a chicken in something other than oil, really. So that is why I decided to start doing other kinds of recipes for chicken and more to come soon. Just a little bit of housekeeping to get things in ship shape and then full birds ahead.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214654 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (172701 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156569 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70691 Views)
- Home (63376 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39921 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34430 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32896 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21780 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21769 Views)