Quick Shredded Chicken Recipes
What Makes Quick Shredded Chicken Recipes so Wonderfully Unique
Chicken is one of the best ingredients that you can cook with, thanks in large part to its versatility. Whether you are adding it into a white sauce or serving it over pasta, chicken can be used in nearly any creation. Shredded chicken is actually one of the best ways to prepare chicken, and you will find that the many shredded chicken recipes are as delicious as they are unique.
The thing that makes shredded chicken recipes so unique is the fact that you actually get more volume for the amount of chicken that you use. If you serve a chicken steak on its own, you are only going to get a limited amount of meat per serving. However, when using shredded chicken, you are able to get far more volume of food than you would get if you simply served up a chicken steak on its own.
This is due to the fact that you can easily add a number of ingredients to your shredded chicken recipe. Look at Mexican chicken fajitas that combine sliced onions and bell peppers with shredded chicken to make a delicious recipe. That is an excellent example of why shredded chicken recipes are so wonderfully unique, and you will find that you can make a wide variety of delicious shredded recipes in a matter of minutes.
There is nothing in this world quite like a barbecue sandwich, and you will find that a barbecue chicken sandwich is a low fat alternative to barbecued pork or beef. Despite the fact that it is not real meat, a barbecue chicken sandwich is equally as delicious as any other barbecue sandwich and you will find that you can easily put together this delightful mouthful in a matter of a few minutes.
How to Prepare Shredded Chicken
Instead of serving the chicken breast as a chicken steak, you may find that shredding the chicken is the best way to keep the meal low fat while incredibly tasty. The shredded chicken is fried in a skillet with a bit of your favorite barbecue sauce, and served in a fresh whole wheat bun with pickles, onions, and a few potato chips on the side.
The reason to shred the chicken instead of grilling it is that you get more volume of chicken when you shred it. You will find that you can convert leftover chicken into a barbecue chicken sandwich easily, and it will be a great way to use chicken that was not eaten the night before. By shredding the chicken, you are able to get a larger and tastier sandwich, and your satisfaction is guaranteed with this simple barbecue chicken sandwich.
- 4 cooked chicken breast halves
- Barbecue sauce, as needed
- 3 oz canned sliced chipotle chilies, drained (optional)
- ½ diced yellow onion
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Pickles and potato chips, to serve (optional)
- Preparing this sandwich is actually easier done than said. To begin, start shredding the chicken using a knife. You can also strip the chicken apart with your hands, which will be a good deal easier than using a knife. Some people use a pair of forks. Try each method and see which you prefer.
- Toss a handful of diced onion into a skillet, and let them cook until transparent.
- Add the chicken onto the skillet, and cook it only until it is hot. Add your favorite barbecue sauce, as well as a few finely sliced canned chipotles to complement the barbecue sauce.
- Serve with a fresh whole-wheat bun, and garnish with pickles, a few onions or onion rings, and a handful of your favorite potato chips on the side.
As simple as that, you can whip up a delicious barbecue chicken sandwich in a matter of minutes. You can use nearly any leftover chicken that you have, as you can simply wash off the sauce or flavoring used to make the chicken. Seeing as you are going to be using BBQ sauce, your barbecue chicken sandwich will be full of flavor and easy to prepare. This is an excellent meal to prepare for your children when you or they are in a hurry and they need something quick and easy, and you will find that you can whip up the best barbecue chicken sandwiches simply be experimenting with a variety of flavors and ingredients.
How to Make Shredded Chicken Like a Pro
The best thing about shredded chicken is that you can use it in a wide range of recipes. Look at chicken salad, Mexican fajitas, barbecue chicken sandwiches, or chicken cacciatore. There are hundreds of recipes that you can make with shredded chicken, and you will find that having shredded chicken on hand is one of the best ways to always have an easy meal that you can whip up quickly.
Making shredded chicken like a pro is actually fairly easy. Many people find that they can obtain shredded chicken simply by boiling the chicken until it is barely cooked, and they simple shred the chicken with their own hands. You can actually shred chicken much easier by hand than by chopping it with a knife.
Having a container of shredded chicken on hand in your fridge is incredibly easy, and you will find that it will come in handy when you need to make a meal quickly. Simply toss a whole chicken breast in a pot to boil for a few minutes, and shred it once it has finished cooking and cooled down. As simple as that, you have a whole chicken breast that you can quickly use to make chicken salad, delicious chicken sandwiches, or any other dish that you can think of that will call for shredded chicken. By taking the time to have shredded chicken in the fridge at all times, you will always have an easy meal that you can whip up in minutes.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-07-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214695 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182378 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156629 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70754 Views)
- Home (63393 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32964 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21802 Views)