Spicy Fried Chicken with a Taste of the Caribbean
This Caribbean chicken recipe combines the wonderfully aromatic flavors of garlic, lemon, paprika, soy sauce and hot sauce for a lively flavor. The chicken is coated in the delicious spicy mixture and then in flour. Most paprika comes from Spain, Central America, California and Hungary.
There are six types of Hungarian paprika, varying from the plain to the very spicy. Paprika can also come in tasty smoked varieties. Sometimes cayenne pepper is added to the paprika to spice it up a bit. Paprika is always added to food before cooking it because it releases its heat and flavor when heated. Alternatively it can be used as a colorant. The paprika gives a golden hint of color to this fried Caribbean chicken recipe, which adds to its visual appeal.
For a spicy and delicious Caribbean chicken recipe, this one ticks all the boxes. Whether you fancy a deliciously different fried chicken dinner or something colorful and reminiscent of the Caribbean, you are definitely going to love this. The Caribbean flavors go well with any side dish you could keep this Caribbean fried chicken colorful with a mixed salad or serve it with hot mashed potatoes or crispy French fries.
- 2 ½ lbs fryer chicken
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- 3 finely chopped cloves garlic
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- Cut the chicken into 8 pieces and arrange the pieces on a dish in one layer.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze its juice over the chicken.
- Let the chicken marinate for half an hour in the lemon juice in the refrigerator, then rub the garlic all over it.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper and paprika over the chicken, then the soy sauce and as much hot sauce as you want.
- Add the flour to a bag, and then shake the chicken pieces in it until it is well coated.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Cook the chicken in the oil for about 12 minutes per side or until it is cooked through and golden brown.
- Drain it on paper towels before serving.
This Caribbean chicken recipe combines an interesting blend of spices for a mouthwatering flavor. Garlic, hot sauce, lemon and more are combined to give a wonderful taste to this Caribbean chicken and if you usually make plain fried chicken recipes you will find this one makes a nice change. Fried Caribbean chicken is one of our more unusual fried chicken recipes and, as you can see from the photo, this dish is attractive and colorful. Serve it with wedges of lemon or lime, rice and colorful vegetables for a delightful and delicious Caribbean look. This fried chicken recipe is suitable for any occasion.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
3 Responses to Spicy Fried Chicken with a Taste of the Caribbean
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214750 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (193717 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156731 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70846 Views)
- Home (63418 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40010 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34508 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33039 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21844 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21830 Views)