Spicy Chicken Fingers with the Taste of Mexico
The perfect crunchy fried chicken recipe should have moist, succulent chicken on the inside and a crispy, crunchy batter on the outside. Fried chicken recipes are often a lot more straightforward than you might think and the following recipe is easy to make and gives a superb result.
This crunchy fried chicken recipe makes crispy Mexican style fried chicken fingers, which are great served with garlic mayonnaise or a spicy Mexican tomato salsa. Perhaps you fancy making a satisfying fried chicken recipe but you are looking for something a bit different. In that case, this Mexican style crunchy fried chicken recipe could be just what you’re looking for. Crispy chicken fingers make a satisfying dinner and you can accompany this recipe with any side dishes you happen to live.
Stay in theme and make a Mexican layered salad or a Mexican rice dish. Alternatively you could make a fusion meal by having French fries or mashed potatoes and coleslaw on the side. The great thing about international fried chicken recipes is that they go so well with classic American fast food side dishes.
- ½ cup milk
- 1 lb skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup masa harina (yellow cornmeal)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- Peanut oil or vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Cut the chicken into strips and combine it with the milk. Set aside.
- Combine the chili powder, masa harina, cumin, salt, oregano, and cayenne in a dish.
- Put the flour in another dish.
- Dip the milky chicken in the flour, then back in the milk, then in the masa harina mixture.
- Chill the chicken fingers for half an hour.
- Heat 4 inches of oil in a large pot or electric fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Fry the chicken fingers, several pieces at a time, until they are golden brown and rise to the surface.
- This will take 3 or 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Look how delicious this Mexican style crunchy fried chicken recipe is. This photo shows the Mexican chicken fingers arranged around a bowl of smooth, creamy dipping sauce, with some fresh salad on the side. A cool dipping sauce and cool salad contrast perfectly with this vibrant and spicy Mexican chicken fingers recipe. Chicken fingers make a welcome change from larger pieces of chicken and if you are making a deep fried chicken recipe it is better to fry smaller pieces of chicken anyway because they cook more thoroughly and more evenly, rather than cooking on the outside before the inside is properly done.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182072 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)