Orange Fried Chicken Wings
These fried chicken wings are marinated overnight in a combination of orange juice, soy sauce and garlic, infusing them with an incredible flavor. If you are a fan of fried chicken wings recipes you are going to love this recipe for them. Their oriental flavor is very special and you can serve them as an appetizer or as part of dinner. If you are looking for Superbowl party recipes these Chinese chicken wings would be great as well. The marinade coats the wings perfectly, giving them a delicious glaze when you cook them. You can either fry or bake these.
Fried chicken wings are economical to make and this is always a great meal for the family. A lot of people like to eat at fast food restaurants and never get around to making their own fried chicken wings and other fried chicken recipes at home, which is a real shame because home-cooked fried chicken is fantastic.
Following a simple recipe for fried chicken wings like this one means you can make finger-licking good recipes in the comfort of your own home for your family to enjoy and you don’t have to go out to a fast food restaurant. Sometimes it is nice to go out, of course, but other times it’s great to eat at home and it is nice to learn how to make fried chicken recipes like fried chicken wings or southern fried chicken, to delight your family with.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups soy sauce
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup orange juice
- Peanut oil or vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Discard the wing tips from the chicken wings.
- Either leave them whole or cut them at the joints to make smaller pieces.
- Mix the orange juice, garlic powder and soy sauce in a big Ziploc bag and add the chicken wings.
- Seal the bag and shake it to coat the wings. Marinate for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain the wings. Discard the orange marinade.
- Preheat the oil to 400 degrees F and add the chicken wings to it, using a slotted spoon or wire basket.
- Fry them for about 12 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- You will probably need to fry the wings in batches.
- Scatter the basil leaves over the chicken as a garnish and serve with the orange wedges.
These orange and soy sauce marinated fried chicken wings are really juicy. Serve them with fresh basil as a garnish and wedges of fresh orange for squeezing and this is either a wonderful appetizer recipe or a tasty entree. If you serve the fried chicken wings as an entree, team them with French fries or hot mashed potatoes, as well as some coleslaw or corn on the cob. If you want to stay with the Asian theme, some egg fried rice would be a delicious accompaniment. Fried chicken wings are great if you are looking for comfort food which is easy to make.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214693 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182279 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156629 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70752 Views)
- Home (63393 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32962 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21802 Views)