Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad
This delicious fried chicken wings recipe makes the most wonderful crispy fried chicken wings. The Mexican bean salad is a great contrast and the mashed potatoes with hot sauce is a mouthwatering side dish. Served altogether this makes a very impressive dinner. You can make the bean salad a few hours in advance and concentrate on the rest of the meal. Some celery sticks with ranch dip or blue cheese dressing is an alternative side dish to the Mexican bean salad.
Chicken wings are always good if you want to make a fried chicken recipe. The meat on chicken wings is tastier than chicken breast meat and it is more succulent also. Chicken wings can be used for making easy party appetizers as well as a dinner recipe like this one. If you are a fan of southern fried chicken you will definitely love these amazing fried chicken wings.
Feel free to forget about the garlic and onion hot sauce recipe, although it is good with the potatoes. If you want a different recipe for fried chicken wings, leave off the egg wash and flour for dipping and just fry the wings as they are. Make the hot sauce and toss the chicken wings in it instead of ladling it over the mashed potatoes. This is another good preparation method if you want to know how to make fried chicken wings which melt in the mouth.
- 2 ½ lbs chicken wings
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 finely minced shallot
- 1 finely minced onion
- 4 minced cloves garlic
- ¼ cup hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg beaten with ½ cup water
- 1 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- Peanut oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- ½ lb cooked red beans
- ½ lb cooked brown beans
- 10 oz cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Dash of milk
- Salt, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl for the bean salad, then cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water, then drain them and mash in the butter and milk.
- Add more milk until you have a nice consistency.
- Keep the mashed potatoes warm.
- Pour an inch of oil into a deep skillet and heat it to 400 degrees F.
- Split the chicken wings at the join and throw away the wing tips.
- Rinse the chicken and use paper towels to pat it dry.
- Dip the wings first into the egg and water mixture and then dredge it in the flour.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and add the onions, shallots and garlic.
- You can use a stick blender if you prefer a smoother sauce.
- When the garlic is colored, add the hot sauce and a little salt.
- When the oil reaches 400 degrees F, add the wings using a wire basket or slotted spoon.
- Deep fry the chicken until it is crispy and cooked through.
- This will take about 12 minutes.
- Drain the chicken wings on paper towels.
- Give the bean salad a good stir.
- Serve the hot fried chicken with the chilled bean salad and some mashed potato.
- Pour the hot sauce over the mashed potato or serve it on the side.
These fried chicken wings smell wonderful, look great and taste simply amazing. The chilled Mexican spiced bean salad and fluffy mashed potato with hot sauce make the perfect side dishes to go with this delicious meal and fried chicken wings are really easy to make as well. As long as you keep the oil hot and get the mashed potatoes ready at the same time as the chicken, there is nothing that can go wrong with this simple recipe for fried chicken wings.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214752 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (193799 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156731 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70851 Views)
- Home (63418 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40010 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34510 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33043 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21846 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21832 Views)