Deep Fried Chicken Asian Style
This delicious Asian fried chicken recipe is delicious and if you like Asian chicken recipes, you will definitely love this as an alternative too more traditional fried chicken dishes. The chicken pieces in this fried chicken recipe are marinated for an hour but you can marinate them for two or three hours if you prefer a more intense flavor. Marinating chicken is a great idea. Not only does it infuse the chicken with flavor but it can tenderize it too, which is a double whammy if you like succulent, flavorful chicken which literally melts in the mouth.
This is one of the nicest international recipes for fried chicken and a very good deep fried chicken recipe in general if you like an interesting oriental flavor. You can serve this Asian chicken with French fries, rice, or even mashed potatoes if you prefer. Some sweet chili sauce on the side is a nice touch as well.
This aromatic Asian fried chicken is so good that you will definitely make it more than once. If you are a fan of Asian food, and especially Chinese food, you will really enjoy the way the marinade flavors the chicken. The soy sauce, sugar, ginger and more all work in harmony to flavor this chicken and make it authentically Asian.
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 slices ginger root
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 green onions, in 1 inch pieces
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine the wine, sugar, salt, soy sauce, ginger, and green onions in a bowl, add the chicken, mix and marinate for an hour or more.
- Add the egg yolks and cornstarch and mix well.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in hot oil for 6 or 7 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
You can see from the picture how deliciously golden brown and crispy this Asian fried chicken is. Serve it with boiled rice and mixed vegetables and you have a traditional Asian dish which is really gorgeous. Serve this aromatic Asian fried chicken with a pair of chopsticks instead of a knife and fork for the complete Asian eating experience. Marinated chicken is always delicious and fried chicken which has been marinated with Asian flavors is so wonderful. It is suitable for any occasion, like a buffet or dinner party. Also, you can make this for your family when you want to serve up something really special.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214693 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182279 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156629 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70752 Views)
- Home (63393 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32962 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21802 Views)