Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts
Ok I know this is not a southern fried chicken in the truest sense of the word unless you count Southeast Asia that is. Now I added this category years ago because my idea is although every house in the south has its own special recipe for southern fried chicken I do not know all of them and I wanted to open the site to new possibilities of other chicken recipes especial different frying techniques. Well that most definitely includes stir-frying, it is a great cooking technique that must be explored.
Now one of the most important frying techniques utilizes a wok and usually a bit of oil to quickly over a highish heat flash fry the ingredients so they are usually quick recipes to make. Unlike southern fried chicken which is usually whole piece of chicken cooked in a batter stir fried recipes can be with or without a batter but the pieces are usually like in this case and in most Asian cooking made into bite sized piece for two reasons it make it easier to cook with everything the same size and smaller so it cooks through quick and also chopsticks, it is necessary to make the food able to be picked up by them.
Now chicken is a very common meat to cook in stir-fries others include beef, pork and even seafood but chicken is one of the most common with or without vegetables add in. It also can have a number of different sauces to go with it from sweet to, sweet and sour, to downright hot and spicy. It all depends on where the recipe is from as some parts of Asian food is very spicy while other areas tend to be sweet or somewhere in between. Now just because I cover nontraditional fried chicken recipes don’t worry I still like to hold true to the core of the site and do add new southern inspired fried chicken recipes as they are a joy of food and no culinary experience would be complete without them.
- ½ cup Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark Soy Sauce
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon La Tourangelle Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kikkoman - Aji-Mirin (Sweet Cooking Rice Wine)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger People Organic Minced Ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless chopped into small bite sized pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped very small
- 1 red bell pepper, ½ chunks
- ½ cup cashew nuts, unsalted
- Peanut oil
- 2 cups Patna (Long Grain) rice, cook to manufacturer’s directions
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times to blend and set aside until the next step tells you to incorporate it into the dish.
- Place your wok over a medium high heat and add the peanut oil and allow to become very hot.
- Place the chicken into the wok and fry it until slightly browned all over stirring continually.
- Add your broccoli and peppers to this tossing regular for about two minutes then add the sauce cover and allow to stem for an additional five minutes covered.
- Add the cashews and toss to blend and warm them with the stir fry.
- Place some of the cooked rice on a plate and spoon some of the finished stir-fry over the middle and serve warm.
- Cook the rice by the manufacturer’s directions.
La Tourangelle Toasted Sesame Oil - Rich, Deep, Delicious Flavor - All-natural, Expeller-pressed, Non-GMO, Kosher - 16.9 Fl. Oz.
Kikkoman - Aji-Mirin (Sweet Cooking Rice Wine) 17 Oz
Ginger People Organic Minced Ginger -- 6.7 oz
Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey - 22 oz
I know this recipe has more than the usual number of suggested items but I wanted to make sure everyone would have access to all that is need to make this since I use a homemade sauce that some may not be able to find in their area. As always you are free to substitute your favorites although understand it may slightly alter the outcome and I cannot guarantee the end result. This stir-fry is very simple to make but it is also a very nice and easy combination and simple set of taste that all go very well with one another.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214742 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (191053 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156718 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70834 Views)
- Home (63414 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40004 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34501 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33027 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21842 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21826 Views)