An Oriental Chicken Recipe with the Taste of Japan
These delicious chicken rolls are ideal either as appetizers or as part of a main meal. If you like Asian food, you will love this fried chicken recipe because it is very flavorful and also simple to make, even for novice chefs. Japanese chicken makes a wonderful appetizer because it is flavorful, easy to eat as finger food and people can’t get enough of it.
Although not technically a southern fried chicken recipe, this one has a delicious oriental flavor and just had to be included as an “east meets west” fried chicken dish. It is a different twist on the classic southern fried chicken dish. You can get rice flour, sesame oil and potato starch from an Asian market or an Asian grocery store. Actually you can get most of these items from regular grocery stores too. Use oriental sesame oil rather than western sesame oil for a richer flavor and a more authentic Japanese taste.
This deep fried chicken recipe is flavored with garlic, ginger, sugar, soy sauce and more. You will really like this Japanese style deep fried chicken recipe if you like Asian flavors and if you are looking for a more unusual fried chicken recipe. A lot of Japanese chicken recipes are healthy and the chicken is steamed or poached and served with rice or noodles, and vegetables. However the chicken in this deep fried chicken recipe is flavored and fried for maximum taste.
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons light soy sauce
- ¾ lb skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon and 1 ½ teaspoons potato starch
- 1 ½ teaspoons rice flour
- Oil for frying
- Mix the salt, pepper, eggs, sugar, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and bouillon in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Add the rice flour and potato starch to the meat and mix well to coat the chicken.
- Heat the oil to 365 degrees F in a large skillet or deep fryer and add the chicken.
- Fry until golden brown. Cook the meat in batches to keep the oil hot.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Serve this Japanese style deep fried chicken recipe on a plate garnished with a lemon slice for a classic presentation, or serve it in a bowl as finger food if you want people to help themselves at a less formal occasion. Japanese chicken recipes are full of flavor but in an aromatic way usually, instead of a very forceful way. Subtle flavors like garlic, ginger, soy sauce and more combine to flavor the chicken in this deep fried chicken recipe and the effect is magical. Everyone is sure to be amazed at the amazing taste of your homemade Japanese chicken.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182117 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70751 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)