Almond Orange Chicken Recipe
This almond orange chicken recipe is simple to prepare and offers a delicious taste. Serve it with your choice of buttered steamed or boiled rice or noodles perhaps, or make it as part of a buffet spread if you want to make a number of Asian dishes for everyone to share.
If you are wondering how to change the taste and texture of your chicken breasts you should really try this chicken almond orange recipe. It has a unique slightly sweet flavor similar to Hawaiian chicken and is definitely a recipe your family will rave over.
Skinless and boneless chicken breasts are pounded thin and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste, then fried for one minute on each side in one tablespoon of butter. A half cup of almonds, whipping cream, mustard, marmalade, and flakes of red pepper added to chicken breasts and stirred until blended well creates a sweet and savory chicken entree that is nothing short of a masterpiece.
Add your side dishes and serve this nice and hot. If you choose to make a dessert afterwards, a simple-to-prepare vanilla custard with a generous dollop of fresh whipped cream would be a quick but nice accompaniment to a spectacular meal fit for a king. Follow this with a tall glasses of iced tea.
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves - 6 oz each
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet and stir in the almonds.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until brown and toasted.
- Put the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper and flatten using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over a medium meat.
- Add the chicken breasts, and cook for a minute on each side.
- Combine the almonds with the cream, Dijon mustard, marmalade, red pepper flakes and chicken, stirring to blend.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the chicken hot with your favorite Asian side dishes.
Chicken is used in so many recipes and in this one it is pan-fried. Other ingredients in the dish include orange, almonds, mustard, and cream. This international recipe is not the same as Chinese orange chicken, but that was the inspiration behind the dish, while the almonds and cream go in to make it more luxurious and special. The photo shows how juicy and sweet the dish will look, and you will see from the recipe this is very simple to prepare, so if you are in the mood for chicken but something a bit different from what you normally make, then give this recipe a try.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-07-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214692 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182190 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70751 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)