Spicy Pan Fried Chicken Recipe
Not to be confused with the other chicken fried steak dish, which is actually steak cooked like fried chicken, this delicious pan fried chicken recipe combines lemon juice, spices and chicken breast. The chicken breast is covered in the delicious spice mixture and pan fried until crispy and slightly charred.
If you usually make a deep fried chicken recipe, why not try this tasty chicken fried steak recipe instead? It is delicious served with mashed potatoes and green beans on the side. In fact, everyone has their own favorite side dishes so serve this spicy fried chicken with anything your family likes and they will be delighted with it for sure. This chicken is nice served hot from the pan or left to cool down a bit and served warm. You can use a Cajun spice mix rather than the salt, pepper and paprika mixture if you prefer. This is a very quick and easy fried chicken recipe, making it ideal for busy weeknights.
This recipe for fried chicken does make a change from deep fried chicken which is covered in a crispy flour or breadcrumb coating, or in a batter. The combination of spices and lemon is a very tasty one and this is a subtly flavored chicken dish which you are sure to enjoy very much.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon each salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Sprinkle the dried spices evenly on a plate and press the chicken breasts on to the plate so the spices stick to them.
- When the chicken breast are evenly coated, squeeze the lemon over them.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium high heat.
- Sear the chicken breasts on one side for 4 minutes then on the other side for another 4 minutes.
- Check the chicken is cooked all the way through and there is no pink inside.
Since the chicken in this pan fried chicken recipe is not coated in a batter, breadcrumb or seasoned flour mixture, you can see the chicken through the herb mixture. This is a nice recipe if you are trying to lower your carb intake. It also tastes really good, which is usually the best reason to make a particular recipe! Make this pan fried chicken recipe as a treat for your loved one or for the family and it is sure to be very much appreciated. Salt, paprika, pepper and onion powder, as well as the lemon, give the chicken a beautiful taste.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214750 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (193737 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156731 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70848 Views)
- Home (63418 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40010 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34508 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33041 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21844 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21830 Views)