Pan Fried Chicken with Roasted Cauliflower
In this recipe, the cauliflower is baked and the chicken is pan fried, in order to cook everything as quickly as possible and to give the cauliflower a nice texture. Chicken can be cooked in many different ways and pan-frying is a great way to cook small pieces of chicken because you can use whichever kind of oil or butter you like and add other flavors.
If you usually make Southern style fried chicken with a crispy batter then this one offers an unusual change. Serve this up and watch your family tuck into the delicious meal. Because the dish features chicken and vegetables you just need a starch on the side, perhaps some mashed or boiled potatoes. White rice would also work with this dish. This is an unusual and very tasty dish and if you are looking for something a bit different you should really enjoy the flavor.
This is also quite straightforward to make, because the cauliflower is cooked in the oven and you can then pan-fry the chicken and make the sauce. Even for the cooking novice this is not too many things to do at once. When everything is ready you can serve the chicken, cauliflower and sauce with your potatoes or rice.
- 8 chicken breast minute steaks, 3 ½ oz each
- 1 cauliflower, about 1 ¾ lbs, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- 3 oz unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F.
- Cut the cauliflower into inch thick slices and overlap it in a small baking dish. Pour over ½ cup water, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Heat a large, lightly oiled skillet over a medium high heat and pan fry the chicken for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through, in 2 batches.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium low heat. Add the garlic. Whisk in the juice from 2 of the lemon wedges, the almonds, mustard and 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- Bring to a simmer then season to taste and remove from the heat.
- Divide the chicken and cauliflower between the plates, top with the sauce and decorate with parsley and lemon wedges.
A Picture of our Pan Fried Chicken Recipe with Cauliflower in a Mustard Lemon Sauce. Not your traditional fried chicken recipe but this recipe use pan frying to make a quick a delicious alternative to your standard fried chicken recipe. It is quick, easy and also good and the sauce brings out the wonderful texture and flavor of the chicken Accompanied by a refreshing glass of your favorite white wine and you have the makings for a wonderful and hearty family dinner. This dinner is one way to incorporate more home cooked meals to your dinner table because it will actually take less time then that prepackaged stuff anyway and deliver a lot more flavor too.
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (181975 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34458 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21802 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)