Lemon Chicken Fried Steak and Homemade Gravy
This chicken fried steak is seasoned with lemon juice and the homemade onion gravy is really good. This recipe is nice served with mashed potatoes and peas or broccoli. The sauce is one of the most special things about this delicious chicken fried steak and the onion flavor goes really well with the lemon-infused chicken. After making the sauce and pureeing it in a food processor you can cover and chill it for up to two days if you want to.
If you are looking for an elegant yet easy chicken fried steak recipe, you will definitely enjoy this one. It is not difficult to make and marinating the chicken in the lemon juice gives it a superior taste. Feel free to make a different type of sauce or gravy to serve with this easy chicken recipe but the bread and onion sauce really does go nicely.
Teaming this chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and peas makes it a healthy and nutritious meal which is suitable for the whole family. If you want to serve your family top quality food and offer them a delicious and balanced diet, this chicken fried steak is a great dinner recipe to add to your cooking repertoire.
- 6 chicken breast halves, pounded to ½ inch thick
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 beaten egg
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 sliced onions
- 7 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 oz butter
- 1 ¼ pints milk
- 5 fl oz heavy cream
- 5 oz white bread, no crusts
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Put the lemon juice and chicken in a Ziploc bag and chill for 2 hours.
- Turn the bag a few times during this time.
- To make the gravy, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the bay leaves and onions and fry them, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the cloves and milk and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Take out the cloves and bay leaves and process the sauce in a food processor with ⅔ of the bread until the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the sauce back into the saucepan and stir in the cream.
- Tear in the rest of the bread and add some milk if necessary, to make it thinner. Season to taste.
- Take the chicken out of the bag and dry it with paper towels.
- Combine the flour and salt and dredge the chicken breasts in the flour.
- Next dredge them in the beaten egg.
- Heat ¼ inch of oil in a skillet, then add 2 of the chicken breasts.
- Cook them for a few minutes per side until they are cooked through and golden brown.
- Cover the cooked chicken breasts with aluminum foil and put them on a warmed platter in the oven to keep warm while you pan fry the remaining ones.
- Serve the chicken with green peas and mashed potatoes.
- Spoon some of the warm sauce over the chicken and serve the rest on the side.
This nutritious and delicious chicken fried steak recipes is incredibly easy to make and the bread and onion sauce is wonderfully creamy and contrasts brilliantly with the dish. Mashed potatoes and peas go well with this juicy chicken recipe but you could serve French fries and broccoli or rice and corn on the cob for something different. There are plenty of chicken fried steak recipes to choose from but this one is very good, both for its flavor and simplicity.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
One Response to Lemon Chicken Fried Steak and Homemade Gravy
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214695 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182486 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156629 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70755 Views)
- Home (63393 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32964 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21803 Views)