Honey Lime Chicken Wings Recipe
Try my delicious honey lime chicken wings recipe today and you will not be disappointed. This makes a quick and easy meal the whole family will love. If you like chicken wings, you are going to love these honey lime wings for sure.
If you are looking for a new recipe to surprise your family and friends with tonight you may want to try this great honey and lime chicken wings recipe. You will not be disappointed that you cooked up these surprisingly delicious chicken wings when you hear all the ohs and awes between each bite coming from your dinner table!
Whole split chicken wings fried to a golden perfection then coated in a sweet-savory mixture of honey, lime juice and zest, salt, pepper and garlic. Serve with an assortment of dipping sauces to please every pallet.
If serving this delectable wing dish as a meal, you might want to serve fried corn and cheese sticks for the younger ones at your table and a fresh garden salad of crisp green Bibb lettuce, fresh sliced bell peppers, carrots, sliced radishes and topped with shredded cheese and tomato wedges. A choice of salad dressings will complete a wonderfully healthful salad.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 18 split whole chicken wings
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup or BBQ sauce (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- Combine the honey, lime juice, lime peel, garlic, salt and pepper.
- You can add some ketchup or BBQ sauce too if you want.
- Put the flour in a plastic bag and shake the chicken wings in it until coated.
- Fry the chicken wings in hot, 1 inch deep oil in a skillet until cooked through.
- Toss the cooked wings in the honey lime mixture and toss to coat well.
- Serve immediately while still very hot.
Chicken wings go with all kinds of flavors, and in this recipe they combine with garlic, honey and lime, for a spectacular result offering both sweet and aromatic flavors. These can be served as an appetizer or entree, and they also make a nice snack. The photo shows what these crispy wings will look like when they are done. After coating them in the delicious batter they are fried and then tossed in honey and lime, so you can be assured of a fantastic flavor and total satisfaction from this recipe.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-06-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214693 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182279 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156629 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70752 Views)
- Home (63393 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32962 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21802 Views)