Chicken Fried Steak Recipe with Salad and Fries
Fried chicken tastes wonderful with French fries and salad and this easy southern fried chicken recipe shows you how to make your own delicious fried chicken meal. You might be a fan of international recipes and like to try new things but a chicken fried steak recipe is one of those classics that is comforting to enjoy now and then.
The chicken in this chicken fried steak recipe is butterflied, which means a breast is opened out, and then pounded lightly with a mallet. Don’t use a metal mallet because it will rip the chicken to pieces, especially if you use the pointy end! Flattening the chicken means it cooks quicker because it is thinner and this is nice for when you are making pan fried chicken recipes and you want the chicken to cook evenly rather than burn on the inside and be half-raw inside.
Chicken fried steak recipes are ideal for beginner cooks because there is nothing difficult about them. The breadcrumb coating features pecans for a mouthwatering, nutty flavor and the poultry seasoning adds a lot of taste as well. If you fancy making a pan fried chicken fried steak recipe, this one is especially good. The pecans make it slightly unusual but the other ingredients and cooking method keeps it close to a traditional southern pan fried chicken dish.
- 16 oz chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 egg whites, whipped to frothy bubbles
- 1 cup pecans, ground in the food processor
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 4 tablespoons safflower oil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 lemon cut into 6 wedges
- Butterfly and lightly pound the chicken breasts with a rubber or wooden mallet.
- Season them with black pepper.
- Whip together the egg whites and beaten egg and dip the chicken into this mixture.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, pecans and poultry seasoning and heat half the safflower oil in a skillet to medium high.
- Dip the chicken into the breadcrumb mixture to coat evenly and fry them for 7 to 10 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- If the oil pops, turn the heat down a bit.
- Add more safflower oil if necessary to cook the rest of the chicken.
- Deep fry some French fries while you cook the chicken and combine some salad ingredients, such as lettuce leaves, cucumber slices, onion slices and tomato wedges.
- Drain the chicken on paper towels and keep the cooked pieces in a warm oven while the rest cooks.
- Serve hot with French fries, salad and a lemon wedge on each plate.
Butterflying this chicken fried steak recipe before frying it gives you nice big steaks of chicken which are perfectly cooked right the way through and golden brown on the outside. The pecans, poultry seasoning, egg, pepper and other ingredients turn this from a piece of chicken into a rich and satisfying meal, and some French fries and salad on the side are the perfect accompaniment. Chicken fried steak is a wonderful dish to make when you want to make something quick and easy yet hearty and satisfying. The best chicken fried steak recipe is guaranteed to make your mouth water.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-07-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214692 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182243 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70751 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34461 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21800 Views)