Buttermilk Makes Tender Juicy Chicken Results Easy
The chicken in this buttermilk fried chicken recipe is soaked in buttermilk to tenderize it in the same way as Indians soak their meat in yogurt for tender, juicy results. After being soaked, some of the tangy buttermilk flavor will have soaked into the chicken and you will have a thin buttermilk coating which helps the flour and seasonings stick to the chicken pieces. There are many different buttermilk fried chicken recipes with different flavors and ingredients but the principle of using buttermilk to tenderize and flavor the chicken is the same.
If you want a stronger buttermilk flavor, you can leave the chicken soaking in it overnight before making this buttermilk fried chicken recipe, but fifteen minutes is fine too. Use tongs to turn and move the chicken. If you use a fork and accidentally pierce the chicken, some of the juices will escape, making it less moist inside. This fried chicken is soaked in buttermilk briefly, lightly battered and seasoned.
Apart from the buttermilk the ingredients in this fried buttermilk chicken recipe are very simple. A little salt and pepper seasons the flour and all the rest of the flavor comes from the juicy chicken itself. This is an easy fried chicken recipe and one that is always satisfying and delicious. This chicken is pan-fried for a succulent finish and a crispy batter. If you want a buttermilk fried chicken recipe which satisfies your hunger completely, this one will do just that.
- 1 Whole Chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 32 ounces Buttermilk
- 16 ounces Flour
- 2 ounces Vegetable Oil
- 8 ounces Water
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- Soak chicken in buttermilk 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken well with mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes on 1 side, turn and cook covered on medium heat until tender and brown (about 20 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
Buttermilk is the perfect liquid to marinate chicken in before you fry it. It has a thin consistency which is ideal and it has a tangy flavor which goes well with the chicken flavor. The buttermilk also leaves the chicken sticky enough for plenty of the flour to stick to it, and that is why the batter in this fried buttermilk chicken recipe is so crispy and delicious. This is a very simple fried chicken recipe which you can pan fry. Serve it wish buttery mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy for a classic dinner or French fries and ketchup for a fast food style treat.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214692 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182266 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70751 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34461 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21800 Views)