Aromatic Spicy Pan Fried Chicken Recipe
This delicious pan fried chicken recipe gives amazing results. It is important to keep the oil evenly hot. If the oil is not hot enough the chicken absorbs too much. If it is too hot the chicken can brown on the outside too fast, before the inside is done. If this might be a problem, you can brown the chicken in the pan and then finish it off in a 350 degrees F oven rather than pan frying it. The results will be very similar.
The potato wedges go nicely with this pan fried chicken recipe and you can serve any vegetables with it. Peas and carrots are good or you could serve string beans or some succulent corn on the cob. Feel free to make mashed potato instead of the potato wedges if you prefer it. A lot of people love mashed potato with pan fried chicken and this is real comfort food.
Add a little more peanut oil to the skillet if you think you need it. If you are cooking thick chicken pieces you might need the extra. Use chicken breast if you prefer too, although chicken thighs and drumsticks tend to be more flavorful and they are cheaper. The spices in this pan fried chicken recipe make the flavor unusual but you can omit any of the spices you don’t want to use or use different ones. The effect from the spices should be aromatic rather than hot.
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 2 skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 potatoes, cut into wedges
- Sift the flours with the cinnamon, paprika, ginger and nutmeg and put the mixture in a Ziploc bag.
- Sprinkle the salt over the chicken pieces and add them to the bag, shaking well.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the bag and shake the excess flour off.
- Put a rack in a jelly roll pan and put the chicken on the rack.
- Cover the chicken loosely and refrigerate it for 1 ½ hours.
- Let the chicken stand at room temperature for ½ hour.
- Put it back in the flour mixture and shake the bag again well.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a moderately high heat and add the chicken.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and pan fry the chicken for about 25 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Boil the potato wedges in salted water until they are almost done, then add them to the skillet with the chicken to finish off.
- Turn the chicken every 5 minutes while it cooks.
- Use brown paper bags to line a wire rack and drain the chicken on them.
- Let the chicken stand for 5 minutes then serve with the pan fried potato wedges and some vegetables of your choice.
This pan fried chicken recipe looks, smells and tastes incredibly good. If you are looking for an easy chicken recipe which can be pan fried, this one is ideal. Served with potato wedges or mashed potatoes, this pan fried chicken recipe is perfect for a cool evening when you crave comfort food. Double the recipe if you are feeding a family. You can keep the cooked chicken in a 200 degrees F oven while you finish the rest, unless you have an enormous skillet. The aromatic spice mixture gives this chicken an unusual flavor but a very good one.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214693 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182279 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156629 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70752 Views)
- Home (63393 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32962 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21802 Views)