Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
When you have perfected our other Kentucky style fried chicken recipe, then you might like to try our extra crispy fried chicken recipe, that was marinated and then fried. This chicken recipe is double dunked in the coating to give it its unmistakably extra crispy texture and great flavor. If you cannot find Kentucky style chicken marinade, try another chicken marinade. You will find different ones at the store. If you like your chicken extra crispy yet tender and moist inside, this is a great southern fried chicken recipe to try.
Make a Kentucky style fried chicken recipe if you want to give your family the authentic flavor and texture of extra crispy fried chicken without going to a southern home. This Kentucky style fried chicken recipe is one of the best southern recipes to make and the results are amazing. Serve it with coleslaw and mashed potatoes or French fries for an authentic Kentucky dinning experience.
You are sure to love this delicious Kentucky style extra crispy recipe and the paprika adds a flavorful zing. Served hot from the pan, this crispy fried chicken makes a heavenly dinner. There are few things in life so satisfying as biting into crunchy fried chicken, especially when surrounded by your family who are enjoying your home-cooked Kentucky style fried chicken recipe just as much as you are.
- 1 whole fryer chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- Kentucky Fried Chicken marinade
- 6 to 8 cups shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon MSG
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1¼ cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon potassium chloride or Adobo seasoning
- 1 tablespoon MSG (monosodium glutamate)
- ⅛ tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons bottled chicken base
- Combine all the marinade ingredients to make the marinade.
- Trim any excess fat and skin from the chicken pieces and marinate them for a couple of hours.
- Mix the milk with the egg in a bowl.
- Combine the other dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Drain the marinated chicken on paper towels.
- Dip each chicken piece in the egg and milk, and then coat it in the dry flour mixture.
- Dip into the egg and milk mixture again then back in the flour. Make sure every piece is well coated.
- Preheat the shortening in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Stack the chicken on a plate until each piece is coated.
- Drop the chicken pieces into the hot shortening, one at a time with tongs being careful not to splash any of the hot oil to avoid burns. Oven mits are a good idea.
- Fry 4 pieces of chicken at a time until golden brown.
- This will take 12 to 15 minutes. Stir the chicken halfway through the cooking time for an even finish.
- Drain the chicken pieces on wire racks for 5 minutes and serve hot.
You can see from this photo how crispy this fried chicken looks. When people think about fried chicken, Kentucky style often comes to mind and this Kentucky style extra crispy recipe is the best method to recreate this classic dish in your own house, without having to make a trip down south. This extra crispy fried chicken recipe will bring a wonderful flavor, texture and fried chicken experience to your kitchen table, which you would swear was from the south. Extra crispy fried chicken is simple to make, even if you are new to making southern fried chicken recipes, and you will want to make this time and time again.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
73 Responses to Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214750 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (193716 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156731 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70846 Views)
- Home (63418 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40010 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34508 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33039 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21844 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21830 Views)