Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe
If you are a fan of Kentucky style chicken, why not make your own? With this authentic Kentucky style chicken recipe, your chicken will turn out just as good as chicken does! You might not have known that it is possible to find traditional Southern style recipes like this Kentucky style fried chicken recipe online but this recipe proves that not only is it possible to do so but it is also easy to make finger good chicken in the comfort of your own kitchen.
The secret to perfect Kentucky style chicken is the combination of 11 different herbs and spices used in the chicken coating. You can also bake these chicken pieces but, for a more authentic tasting Kentucky style chicken recipe, it is best to fry them like in a traditional Southern home.
This Kentucky style chicken is crispy secret, which combines garlic, ginger, mustard, basil, thyme and more for the unmistakable Kentucky style chicken flavor. It is likely that you already have a lot of these seasonings in your kitchen cupboard so you won’t need to buy too much to make this exciting Kentucky style fried chicken recipe.
The Appeal of Extra Crispy Chicken
Most fried chicken recipes result in crispy chicken, unless you start cooking the chicken without heating up the oil properly. This is when the batter can go soggy and greasy. Before adding the chicken, add a pinch of the batter. If it sizzles, that means the oil is sufficiently hot to cook extra crispy fried chicken. What is it about crispy chicken that people love so much? It is probably a combination of the satisfying crunch when you bite through the crust, the delicious taste of the combined batter ingredients and the contrast of the crispy batter with the soft, tender chicken it is encasing.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons MSG
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 8 chicken pieces
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup dry, unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 6 - 8 cups shortening
- Pre heat oil in deep fryer to 350° F.
- Mix all the ingredients except the shortening, breadcrumbs, eggs, and chicken in a large bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg and then turn them over in the breadcrumbs.
- Roll them in the spicy flour mixture.
- Heat the shortening to 350 degrees F in a deep fryer and drop the chicken pieces in, one at a time with tongs careful not to splash hot oil.
- Fry the chicken for 12 to 15 minutes, until it is golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on racks for 5 minutes.
Think back to the last time you visited Kentucky home – how good the chicken smelt and how wonderful it tasted. Now look at this photo. You can see that our crispy recipe looks just like the real thing. This easy recipe makes the best Kentucky style chicken ever and you can you can make your favorite side dishes to serve alongside it. Making crispy Kentucky style chicken recipes means that you know exactly what the finished fried chicken is going to come out like and how delicious it is sure to taste to you and to your family.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-05-16
5 Responses to Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214699 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (183692 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156637 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70768 Views)
- Home (63398 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39967 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34469 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32975 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21807 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21804 Views)