Although frying is often the cooking method of choice when preparing chicken, do not rule out grilling or pan-frying, because each of these works well with chicken too. The cooking method you choose will depend on the recipe you are using and the results you are looking for.
Grilled Chicken Wings or Fried Chicken Wings?
What is the best way to prepare chicken wings? Some people love to grill all their meat and poultry without exception and swear that the charcoal flavor permeates meat in a way that makes it truly mouthwatering. Grilling is indeed very popular and it is not only grilled chicken wings that make an appearance at cookouts.
Chicken burgers, chicken breast, chicken thighs and drumsticks are all well-loved barbecue food and grilled chicken wings are easy to do. They are especially nice if you marinate them in a tasty marinade first. Mexican marinade, citrus marinade, Chinese style marinade and smoky BBQ marinade are some examples. Continue reading
The Basic to Cutting Up a Chicken
If you want to prepare a frying chicken, there are a few things that you need to know before you begin.
- You must always use your sharpest knife. You might think that sharp knives are more dangerous than blunt ones but the opposite is true. Most knife accidents are caused by dull knives being forced through meat.
- Pick a good chicken. A bit of yellow under the skin is chicken fat and a lot of people believe this means the chicken is a good one and ready to be made into southern fried chicken or another fried chicken dish. If you want to remove the fat, it does come out easily.
- You will need a clear area to cut up your chicken, including a cutting board if you have one. Fill the sink with hot and soapy water for cleaning up afterwards, when your deep fried chicken recipe is cooking. It helps if you can put the cutting board where the dish drainer is or as close to the sink as possible.
- Be careful with raw chicken juice. Handling raw chicken incorrectly can cause illness so try not to spatter it around the kitchen and if any does get spilt, clean it up well.
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214652 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (172084 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156566 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70690 Views)
- Home (63376 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39919 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34429 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32896 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21780 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21769 Views)