Tips for the Best Fried Chicken Recipes
For optimal flavor and texture, you should leave the skin on chicken when you fry it, no matter what type of marinade you use or what kind of cooking you prefer. Oven fried, pan fried and deep fried chicken is tastier when it is cooked with the skin on. People can take it off when they eat the chicken, if they want to, but there is so much flavor in there that it is a shame to remove it. When you are frying chicken in oil it is important to use only dry utensils because water splatters on contact with oil and this is how accidents happen, so take care!
Perhaps you are wondering whether to use oil, shortening or lard to make recipes like aromatic Asian fried chicken or traditional southern fried chicken. Actually it is totally up to you. Canola oil is an especially good fat to choose when frying chicken because it is mild in flavor. It also contains a balanced ratio of polyunsaturated and saturated fats. Some oils are much higher in saturated fats which aren’t so good for you. If you are pan frying your chicken, cover it for the first five minutes, then take off the lid to finish it. This is to help it cook thoroughly. Chicken is dangerous if it is undercooked and anything less than opaque chicken all the way through isn’t safe.
When you are turning the chicken in the pan, you should use a spatula or a pair of tongs. Using a fork pierces the chicken and lets juices escape, which dries it out a bit. As soon as chicken pieces finish cooking, take them out of the hot oil. You can put them on a paper towel-covered baking sheet and keep them in a warm oven until all the chicken is done, if you are making a lot at once. Don’t cover cooked chicken or it will lose its crispiness.
Chicken Sandwich Side Dish Ideas
You can serve a chicken sandwich just as it is if you want a tasty lunch or a filling snack. If you are making this southern fried chicken fillet burger for dinner you might like to give the whole meal a fast food feel by making French fries and perhaps some onion rings or homemade creamy coleslaw.
Mashed potatoes and gravy go well with fried chicken recipes, so why not with this chicken burger too? Green beans or another favorite vegetable is another good idea for side dishes, or perhaps some fried mushrooms or potato wedges with a dipping sauce would be good.
Combining Chicken with Other Meats
Chicken is usually enjoyed as it is, especially in a southern classic fried chicken recipe, but it goes surprisingly well with other meats. If you are catering for a buffet, you will notice people helping themselves to beef and chicken at the same time.
Chicken can also be wrapped with bacon or pancetta before being cooked and these two flavors go together magnificently. You can add pieces of chicken and pieces of beef to a mixed meat soup and these two meats often feature together in Spanish paella. Cook up some ribs and serve them alongside southern batter fried chicken for a Superbowl-style snack.
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (181193 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156624 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63391 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39956 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34458 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32959 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21802 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)