The Healthiest Way to Make Fried Chicken
If you love the taste of southern fried chicken but you are less enamored with the amount of fat and calories it contains, you might be interested in making oven fried chicken. This delicious recipe means that you get the typical fried chicken flavor without as much fat or as many calories. Give this tasty, healthy chicken recipe a try – you have nothing to lose and a wonderful family favorite to gain!
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place 2 egg whites in one bowl and 2 cups of crushed cornflakes, 2 teaspoons of paprika and 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs in another bowl. Cut 1-¼ lbs of chicken breasts into 4 pieces and dip these into the egg whites then the crumbs. Place the chicken pieces on a greased baking tray and cook for 20 or 25 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through. This recipe serves four people.
Why Make Oven Fried Chicken?
For a start, it tastes almost the same as deep fried chicken. Oven fried chicken recipes are much healthier than fried chicken recipes because you are baking the chicken rather than dipping it into fat.
The above oven fried chicken recipe has 207 calories per piece of chicken; whereas KFC fried, chicken has 380 calories per piece. Skinless, unbreaded fried chicken has only 140 calories per piece so the skin and coating is where most of the calories lurk, although that is also, what gives fried chicken its unique taste!
Eating a healthy diet is mostly down to balancing what you eat. For most people, there is nothing wrong with the occasional fried chicken treat, as long as you eat a wide variety of foods, limit your intake of fried foods, and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables too.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-04-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214693 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182279 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156629 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70752 Views)
- Home (63393 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32962 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21802 Views)