Kitchen Equipment for Making Fried Chicken Recipes
You can make delicious fried chicken recipes such as Church potluck dinner fried chicken with the bare minimum of equipment but, if fried chicken is going to become a staple in your house, you might want to invest in some tools of the trade to make it more enjoyable and simpler to prepare.
First of all, you will need a skillet for making the recipe. A minimum twelve inch diameter is a good rule, since chicken should not be crowded in the pan. It is all right if the chicken pieces are touching while they cook though. Cast iron skillets are heavy and conduct well but stainless steel can be used instead if that is what you have.
A big mixing bowl is handy for combining your batter or breadcrumb mixture. You might like to roll the chicken in the flour coating in a mixing bowl or a shallow glass bowl. Some people prefer to use paper bags so you can get some of those. If you want to marinate your chicken in buttermilk overnight, some large Ziploc bags are handy because you can put the buttermilk in there, add the chicken and massage it through the plastic, to make sure every part of the chicken is covered.
More Fried Chicken Equipment
You might want to invest in a pair of tongs. When you turn chicken in a pan, you shouldn’t use a fork or knife because if you puncture the chicken, juices run out and this makes the chicken dry out a bit. Use a good pair of tongs to turn the chicken instead. Tongs, like skillets, can be used in other recipes too so you will get your money’s worth. A frying thermometer is another good idea so you can make sure the oil is the correct temperature for your Church’s fried chicken recipe.
Making Your Own Poultry Seasoning
When planning what you need for making fried chicken, do not forget the ingredients! Of course you will need the chicken itself, but also you are going to want batter ingredients and oil for cooking the chicken in. Poultry seasoning is another must-have if you want to add plenty of wonderful flavor to the chicken.
Rather than buying readymade poultry seasoning to use in your fried chicken batter recipe, you might want to make your own. Alternatively you can add extra herbs or spices to a readymade one if you want to alter the flavor or to spice it up a bit. Combine thyme, marjoram and sage for a flavorful poultry seasoning mixture or rosemary, onion powder and garlic powder.
There are many herbs and spices which work well to bring out the delicious taste of fried chicken and you can experiment until you find the perfect blend to enhance your fried chicken batter recipe.
Popular Spices to Use with Fried Chicken Recipes
When you make your first southern fried chicken recipes you will probably want to stick closely to the recipe and add the exact spices in the amounts stated. As you become more familiar with making fried chicken recipes you might want to experiment with the spicing a bit.
Why not combine a couple of your favorite spices with flour and use this to make a delicious country fried chicken recipe? Paprika, chili powder, coriander, garlic powder and poultry seasoning are just some of your options. You can make your own seasoning mixes for country fried chicken and give it your own unique touch.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-04-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214693 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182279 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156629 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70752 Views)
- Home (63393 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32962 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21802 Views)