How Long Does Fried Chicken Keep?
It is unlikely that you will have any fried chicken left over if you follow one of our delicious southern fried chicken recipes but how long can you keep deep fried chicken in the fridge if there are leftovers?
Three or four days is the recommended guideline if you want to know how long does fried chicken keep. If you have some fried chicken left over, you should transfer it to a covered container and keep it in the refrigerator. Leftover southern fried chicken is nice eaten cold the following day and you can have it with a salad or add it to your lunch pack.
How to Reheat Fried Chicken
Bake chilled fried chicken for at least twenty minutes at 350 degrees F to reheat it safely. The crispy coating might be slightly less crispy but the chicken should still be juicy and succulent and taste good. Leave it at room temperature for at least half an hour, if you have time, before reheating it. When you put chilled chicken from the refrigerator into a hot oven it can reheat unevenly if you do not do this.
In order to stop your southern fried chicken going soggy, you should make sure the oven is hot before adding the chicken. Also, covering the chicken in foil before you bake it helps to keep it as crisp as possible. If you have a convection oven, it will only take about twelve minutes to reheat the chicken. In addition to that, convection ovens tend to really crisp up leftover chicken when you reheat it.
You can freeze fried chicken for up to four months and reheat it for twenty minutes in a 350 degrees oven or until it is hot through. Put something absorbent underneath because it will leach out the fat it was cooked in. Thawed fried chicken does not taste as good as fresh fried chicken so it is best to make it fresh each time, or chill it for up to four days in the refrigerator, instead of making too much.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-04-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182113 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70751 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34460 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)