Fried Chicken Recipes as a Comfort Food
Whether you have a craving for a Popeye’s Fried Chicken recipe, a KFC or another bucket or plateful of fried chicken from your favorite fried chicken restaurant, there is no doubt about it – fried chicken is a definite comfort food.
Other popular comfort foods include chicken noodle soup, beef stew, mashed potatoes, pizza, hamburgers and rich dessert recipes. Everyone has their own ideas of what comfort food means but usually it is something that cheers you up and something that tastes delicious. Popeye’s Fried Chicken definitely does both of those.
Biting into hot Popeye’s Fried Chicken recipes, through the crispy crust and into the succulent, juicy chicken is what comfort is all about and sometimes a craving for fried chicken recipes just has to be fed with fried chicken, else it doesn’t go away.
Feed Your Craving with Homemade Fried Chicken
The next time you crave a Popeye’s fried chicken recipe, why not make your own Popeyes copycat recipe instead of driving across town to find a Popeye’s? Making fried chicken recipes is so easy and you can make something that tastes as good as, or even better than, the famous fried chicken recipes you know and love.
If you find yourself in the mood for comfort food, nothing beats this kind of fried chicken. Or you can choose from our other fried chicken recipes if you want to make something slightly different, perhaps an international recipe or something featuring cornflakes or breadcrumbs instead of a batter. Choose from light or heavy batters. Comfort food comes in many different forms and all fried chicken is good fried chicken!
Other Favorite Comfort Foods
Perhaps you crave burgers or chili con carne instead of a Popeye’s fried chicken recipe. Different people do like different comfort foods so you might find that you crave something different now and then. Also it is common to crave a bowlful of something sweet like chocolate pudding or ice cream if you are in need of something tasty to satisfy you.
The best comfort foods make you salivate in anticipation, enjoy every mouthful and then feel happy after eating them. What about Popeye’s fried chicken and then your favorite ice cream? That combination is sure to cheer you up!
How to Serve a Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
Depending on the occasion, you might want to serve your spicy southern fried chicken buttermilk recipe on dinner plates with side dishes and knives and forks. This is good if you are having guests for dinner or a sit-down meal and you want to present something other than steak or seafood. Fried chicken with a gourmet twist is sure to be impressive.
However, if you want to relax and enjoy your southern batter fried chicken in front of the TV or make things fun for the kids, why not eat it with your fingers? Make sure it has cooled down a bit before you serve it and have napkins to hand to wipe up any grease. Eating fried chicken with your fingers is part of the fun, no matter whether you are one of the kids or one of the grownups!
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-04-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214744 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (191122 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156719 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70835 Views)
- Home (63414 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40004 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34501 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33027 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21842 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21826 Views)