How to Make Southern Fried Chicken
Southern fried chicken is such a well loved dish. Imagine succulent, tender chicken encased in a crispy, perfectly flavored batter. You might prefer mashed potatoes with gravy or French fries alongside your southern fried chicken and perhaps a salad or some hot corn on the cob with butter melting over it. If you are like most people, that image alone might be enough to make your eyes water. So, if you want to know how to make southern fried chicken like a professional chef, you will be pleased to know it is quite easy.
Southern fried chicken can be made with boneless or bone-in chicken and it can be made with skinless chicken or chicken with skin. The chicken pieces are coated in flour and a batter or breadcrumb mixture and then deep fried. It can also be oven fried or pan fried. The coating makes the outside of the chicken crispy.
Learning how to make southern fried chicken is easy. You simply coat the chicken in your preferred coating and fry it until it is golden brown and delicious.
The History of Fried Chicken
Food has been deep fried for hundreds of years, in many different countries. Mexico, Russia and Japan have all used this cooking method for centuries and deep frying was popular in Europe in the medieval era.
Fried chicken was popular as soon as it was introduced in the American south. The slaves on the plantations introduced flavorful seasonings and spices to the original fried chicken recipe, which was quite bland. They were allowed to keep chickens so southern fried chicken became incredibly popular all over the American south in a short space of time. From then its popularity spread worldwide and now more and more people want to learn how to make southern fried chicken because it tastes so good.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-04-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214688 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (181015 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156624 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63391 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39956 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34458 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32957 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21800 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)