How to Make Crispy Fried Chicken Every Time
The best recipes for southern fried chicken are for chicken which is soft and tender, coated in a crispy, crunchy batter or breadcrumb coating. If you are a fan of fried chicken recipes, and most people seem to be, perhaps you are wondering how to make crispy fried chicken every time.
Fried chicken which comes out soggy is always disappointing whereas delicious crispy fried chicken is amazing. You should use fresh or well thawed chicken pieces and rinse each piece well before you start making the fried chicken recipe.
How to Coat the Chicken
Arrange the chicken pieces on a baking tray or in a bowl and season it all over with whichever seasoning you prefer. Heat three cups of oil in a big pot over a moderately low flame. If you want your southern fried chicken to be spicy you can rub some mustard over it.
Beat a couple of eggs and spread the mixture over the seasoned chicken. Egg helps to make your chicken more crispy. Discard any leftover egg, and then pour flour over the chicken pieces. It is important to ensure the flour completely covers the chicken. An alternative way of doing this is to add the seasoned flour to a Ziploc bag and shake the chicken in it but as long as your chicken is coated in the flour that is the result you are looking for.
Drop a little bit of flour into the oil when you think it has reached the right temperature for deep frying. If it sizzles, the oil is hot enough to fry with. If not, give it a bit longer to heat up more.
How to Fry the Chicken
Shake any excess flour off your chicken pieces and transfer them into the hot oil with a slotted spoon. Don’t crowd the pan. You can fry your chicken in batches. Cook the chicken until it is golden brown, over a moderately low heat. It will take about twelve minutes per piece. Poke a hole into the thickest part of the chicken with a sharp knife. If the juices are clear, it is cooked. If the juices are pink, it needs a few more minutes.
Drain the fried chicken on brown paper. Paper towels can make it go soggy. Let the chicken rest for five minutes and then serve it with the side dishes of your choice. This is the best cooking method if you want to know how to make crispy fried chicken but there are different fried chicken recipes and different cooking methods. It is also possible to pan fry or oven fry crispy chicken. As long as you follow the best fried chicken recipe you should have good results.
What to Do with the Chicken Parts You Don’t Use
If you are using a whole chicken instead of chicken breasts or thighs, you can add the parts of the chicken you are not going to use to a big soup pot with carrots, parsley and water to cover them. Simmer this chicken stock mixture until it reduced by half.
Strain it and keep it in the refrigerator. When it is cold you can skim the fat off the top and use the stock in soups or sauces. You can also freeze it and thaw it for future recipes.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-04-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214690 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (181974 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156627 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70749 Views)
- Home (63392 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39958 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34458 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32961 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21802 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21798 Views)